Tincan Island Container Terminal is a subsidiary of a multinational/global entity in the maritime sector. A rewarding career, great culture, and innovative environment are what we offer if you decide to join us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Accountant
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly TICT financial statements.
- Preparation financial Forecast and Budgets for the TICT (Production budget, financial budget, cash budgets etc.
- Prepare and report Weekly TICT financial obligation updates.
- Maintaining a strong corporate relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop a low risk investment framework for investment application of excess liquidity for relevant value creation.
- Carry out all treasury functions for the TICT.
- Prepare bankable feasibility report that will assist the TICT or any of its subsidiaries to obtain funding from the banks, CBN, International donor agency, foreign investors, AFDB, Federal government intervention funds.
- Develop business plan for the TICT business.
- Develop internal and external training modules and programs calendar with their budget for the finance and account staff of the TICT and Subsidiaries.
- Constantly reviewing all account package use in the account operation of the subsidiaries.
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly performance report for the board and board committees.
- Providing all relevant financial advice for all projects within the TICT.
- Set and enforce realistic targets for each subsidiary Company’s in the TICT.
- Preparation of standard and acceptable Standard Level Agreements (SLA) that support transfer pricing policies between the companies within the TICT.
- Overseeing daily accounting and finance functions of all the subsidiaries within the TICT.
- Prepare and report Weekly TICT liquidity updates.
- Review from time to time all account and finance functions for all the Accounts staff in all the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with the subsidiaries External Auditors, Account Consultants, Tax consultants etc.
- Draw up Audit exercise calendar for each of the subsidiaries.
- Review and implement TICT project as well as secure low cost fund for the execution.
- Any other financial duty that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Ensuring all statutory renditions within the TICT are remitted in line with the statutory deadline. (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, WHT).
- Providing audited accounts of all the subsidiaries to the Legal department for filling with the CAC.
- Drawing up audit exercise programs for the TICT.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Corporate filling/submission of all financial returns with the TICT. (FIRS, LIRS, etc.)
- Attending to all tax related issues with the relevant statutory bodies.
- Attending to all audit management letters.
- Any other Statutory duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Implementation of controls within the TICT.
- Monitoring of all implementation controls.
- Making sure all bank charges are in line with the agreed rate.
- Constantly review the TICT financial in line with relevant standards.
- Implementing and monitoring weekly cash check schedule for supervisors and managers.
- Scrutinizing all payment documentation before final approval.
- Monthly TICT tax compliance updates.
- Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Any other Compliance duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of ERP solution
- ICAN ACA, ACCA, and CIMA qualifications are compulsory
- Experience in Financial modeling
- Innovative and Decisive.
- Great accounting skills.
- Multi-tasker, good time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good numerate skills.
- Project Management.
- MS Office Suites.
- Great Excel skills is compulsory
- Budgeting & Reporting·
- Customer Insight Analytics·
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th August, 2022.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention