UN Women – In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Post Level: Intern
Type of Contract: Internship
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 months
Advertised on behalf of : UN WOMEN
- UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
- UN Women is currently seeking interns to support the Nigeria country office operations team
Duties and Responsibilities
- The interns will work with the Operations team of UN Women Nigeria country office, supporting these key functions: finance, HR, travel & logistics, procurement, general office administration and ICT. The Operations team is situated in Abuja. The interns will learn about the dynamic functions of the UN, the collaborative work among UN agencies, operational processes, their importance to programmatic delivery, and how the interaction of operations and Programme together achieve Programme delivery.
- Under the overall supervision of the UN Women Nigeria CO Operations Manager, the interns will be assigned roles/responsibilites and expected to perform some of the following duties:
- Finance Function Support: Filing of finance documents, scanning and uploading of finance documents to the electronic filing system, prepare UNDP payment schedule, support finance processes.
- Human Resources Support – support in the recruitment process of various contract modalities from the advertisement to the selection and onboarding of the candidate.
- Procurement Support – Support with procurement processes for the office and for Programme delivery. The intern will learn about UN Women’s procurement processes, Micro-purchasing, RFP, RFQ, ITB and the use of the e-procurement system. The intern will assist in updating UN Women’s vendor roster
- UN Common Services and Joint Operational Activities – Support in common services and joint operation collaborations among the UN agencies in Abuja .
- General Administration – Support as required in other administrative areas including hardcopy and e-filing, developing/populating an e-registry system in collaboration with the operations team
- IT – Support the provision of ICT services to UN Women personnel and programmes
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is to provide students, individuals who are enrolled in a mandatory national service programme, and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to working with gender equality issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UN Women
- Interns will get to understand the policies and procedures of UN Women and gain experience providing operations support to UN Women programmes and personnel
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative and procurement processes and transactions;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word programs;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
- Ability to prioritise work and to multi-task
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to learn and follow multiple administrative rules and regulations;
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: Social Sciences including Administration, Management, Economics, Accounting, or other relevant subjects; Science and Technology including Computer Sciences, Mathematics or other relevant subjects, is required.
Meet one of the following:
- Be enrolled in a Graduate School Programme (Second University Degree or equivalent, or higher)
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in a Postgraduate Professional Traineeship Program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements
- Be enrolled in a mandatory national service programme of which the internship may form a part;
- Strong ICT skills is an asset
- Ability to work with large data sets and organize data is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022 (Midnight New York, USA).
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention