Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Sahel Consulting and SNV Netherlands Development Organization (www.snv.org ) are looking for experienced candidates in preparation of an expected Request for Proposals by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands for a 4-year vegetable project, with most of its activities in Kano and Kaduna states. Staff can be based in Abuja or in the target areas of the project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Advisor – Policy Development
Locations: Kaduna and Kano
Employment Type: Full-time
- Facilitate agenda setting for horticulture sector issues within Kaduna and Kano states with LGAs, ministries of agriculture, farmer and business associations, companies.
- Facilitate activities aligned to agenda setting, in close collaboration with key actors, fostering collaboration between different levels in the sector.
- Facilitate state-level horticulture strategies for Kano and Kaduna, and support ministries of agriculture in implementation through facilitation and coordination. Alternatively, develop state-level multi-stakeholder horticulture road-maps
- Facilitate a sector learning agenda and coordinate for its implementation, organise events and partnerships.
- Commission studies and publications to support agenda setting and learning agenda and collaborate with Dutch knowledge organisations where possible.
- Manage TA and training packages for government agencies and sector organisations with regards to policy development, implementation and follow-up.
- 5 years work experience in policy development, implementation and follow-up with government agencies.
- Proven track-record in facilitating high-level meetings as well as bottom-up processes
- Strong network and position with government agencies, farmer and business associations, civil society organisations.
Application Deadline 5th June, 2021.
Job Title: Senior Advisor – Enabling Environment
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Facilitate result-oriented agenda setting for horticulture sector issues within Kaduna and Kano, Oyo and Ogun States with LGAs, Ministries of Agriculture, farmer and business associations, companies
- Facilitate activities aligned to agenda setting, in close collaboration with key actors, fostering collaboration between different levels in the horticulture sector
- Organise B2B (Business to Business) events at state- and national-level
- Facilitate state-level horticulture strategies for Kano and Kaduna, Oyo and Ogun states and support Ministries of Agriculture in implementation through facilitation and coordination.
- Facilitate a sector learning agenda and coordinate for its implementation, organise events and partnerships
- Commission studies and publications to support agenda setting and learning agenda, and collaborate with Dutch horticulture knowledge organisations where possible
- Manage Technical Assistance, task forces, and training packages for government agencies and sector organisations with regards to policy development, implementation and follow-up
- Work closely with relevant associations on the above, to ensure sustainability of sector coordination beyond the project period
- Location: Abuja, regular visits to Kano, Kaduna, Oyo, Ogun states.
- Proven track-record in facilitating high-level meetings as well as bottom-up advocacy and lobby processes
- Strong network involving government agencies, farmer and business associations, civil society organisations, preferably related to the horticulture sector
- 5-years work experience in policy development, implementation and follow-up with government agencies.
Job Title: Horticulture Innovation Expert
Locations: Lagos, Ogun and Oyo
- Stimulating supply and demand of low/medium tech-oriented horticulture products and solutions
- Support service providers to increase their markets in the low/medium tech-oriented horticulture sector
- Organise on-farm demonstrations for farmers applying low/medium tech tunnel/nethouse/greenhouse production
- Facilitate B2B (Business to Business) linkages between agri-consultants, input and equipment suppliers, farmers, buyers, financial institutions
- Develop information packages, including cost benefit overviews for various tunnel technologies, and make use of (social) media to create awareness among target groups on the benefits of applying specific mid-tech technologies
- Facilitate agreements with supermarket chains, their suppliers, covering improved logistics and dealing with upmarket vegetables
- Connect with relevant Dutch expertise and technology where appropriate.
- Understanding of the service market offering innovative technical solutions for horticulture use
- Minimal 10 years experience with mid-tech horticulture technologies such as tunnel / nethouse / greenhouse production in African context,
- Proven track record in supporting production systems involving a variety of vegetables, including regular and up-market crops
- Minimal 5 years experience as an agri-consultant providing support to nethouse / greenhouse / tunnel production in Nigeria, focused on technological improvements, organising on-farm demonstrations, production planning, agronomic advice, market linkages
- Well networked with agri-consultants, farmers, financial institutions, vegetable supply & demand actors in Oyo and Ogun state
- Applied cost benefit analysis, return on investments calculations for net house/ greenhouse/ tunnel production systems
- Conversant with Yoruba language is preferred.
Application Deadline 18th June, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Expected starting date of the project is quarter four of 2021 and is contingent on donor funding.
- Women are strongly encouraged to
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters