Schneider Electric – As the Global Specialist in Energy Management™ and market leader in industrial automation and software. Schneider Electric enables people to experience and transform efficiency where they live and work; from home to enterprise, across the grid and the city. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group brings a world where innovative individuals use collaborative solutions to make the most of their energy, while using less of the common planet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Req No: 008291
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Logistics – Supply Chain
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager. The successful candidate will manage, develop, and oversee the Supply Chain function within the Nigerian & Sub-Sahara African regions whilst maintaining strong cross-functional relationships, ensuring and maintaining a customer-driven ethos and continuously improving our total cost of acquisition performance.
- The role encompasses responsibility for Project Resale materials & services, Non-Project purchasing, Logistics, management of Facilities and other functional areas as required by the business.
- An important element of the role will be formulating risk management strategies and participating with stakeholders to review and mitigate risks within the business.
- The role is designed to offer development opportunities, place the employee at the heart of strategic initiatives and provide exposure to other business disciplines.
- Provide leadership to the procurement team based in Africa including mentoring, skills development, career progression, and day-to-day operational guidance.
- Promote integrity, professionalism, and adherence to Schneider Electric ethical standards.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of supply chain activity and participate in improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- Manage logistics and inventory in line with Project requirements to minimize cost, increase efficiency and reduce obsolescence.
- Manage Warehouse functions as necessary to optimize service to internal customers and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including import/export tariffs and documentation, trade compliance, customs, and revenue.
- Manage and undertake expediting activities across all third-party and inter-company supply chains.
- Management of the Facilities function including all third-party contracts to provide adequate protection.
- Management of other functional areas as required by the business which may include Quality, HSE etc.
- Drive and ensure compliance with all regional and global policies, procedures, and quality accreditations.
- Issue Requests for Quotation (RFQs) as necessary to support project pursuit opportunities.
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Leverage global supply chain resources and knowledge to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Manage inter-company purchases in line with corporate objectives.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a senior position with responsibility for procurement of:
- Indirect and MRO materials including professional services.
- Project resale materials and services.
- Capital goods.
- Sub-contract services & out-sourcing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a materials management role including responsibility for inventory and stock control.
- Knowledge and experience of facilities management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices, regulations, and policies.
- Strong knowledge of contract types, contractual terms and conditions, and experience in negotiating and developing contracts with suppliers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective contract and agreement negotiations.
- Experience in international sourcing and development of global supplier relationships.
- Good track record in managing and leading teams.
- Strong team player with experience of participation in cross-functional team improvement activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organization and across all disciplines.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, demonstrate confident decision making capability and achieve credibility with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- English fluency to business standard-essential.
- Demonstrates SE Core Values
- Project management and problem-solving skills with ability to demonstrate a track record of achievements to date
- A good team player with a passion for excellence and driving improvements. Is customer-focused and has a sense of urgency to resolve issues timely and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to make decisions and manage time effectively.
- Sound understanding of other business functions, particularly Project Management, Tendering, and Finance.
- Experience in using integrated ERP systems including procurement tools such as SRM.
- Experience in operating within a cross matrix organization advantageous.
- Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company.
- We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners.
- We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention