Green Africa Airways Limited is a value airline based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a new carrier that offers safe, reliable and affordable air travel to a much broader group of customers. This positions us as a significant contributor to the economic development of Nigeria and the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Airport Manager
Experience Level: Advanced
- Elaborate and propose the budget for the Airport.
- Plan, authorise expenses within approved budget.
- Inform relevant services of non-forecasted increase of contracted and non-contracted services.
Management & Administration:
- Assist and inform the HQ procurement Manager in local contract negotiation.
- Monitor local contractors as per approved SLAs.
- Chair and animate a weekly Airport Services management meeting.
- Review of our performances and plan corrective actions.
- Establish new projects.
- Plan, organise with Human Resources advisor all staff recruitment.
- Initiate and conduct disciplinary actions
- Establish the roster for staff to cover the needs of our daily operation.
- Animate and promote Team building, empowerment of staff and support employee’s development.
- Authorise and compute leave days for all staff.
- Attend Management meetings (Agency meetings or Airport Managers meeting).
- Provide feedback on local difficulties.
- Participate in the implementation of global policies.
- Represent Green Africa’s interests in the local airline community through the AOC.
- Verify, code and approve all expenses generated.
- Supervise the production of all required statistics.
- Delegate all general queries and ensure prompt reply.
- Direct and delegate all Customer Relations queries. Analyse and plan corrective measure to avoid re-occurrence.
- Promote and plan internal customer service initiatives.
- Plan internal training for all Airport personal.
- Outsource and select external training initiatives acceptable by Human Resources and Ground Operations HQ.
- Elaborate contingency planning for irregular operations and direct, support the team during those.
- Partner with Commercial liaison during flight disruptions and IROPs
- Monitor daily operations to verify conformity.
- Overheads Budget
- Excess baggage / penalty waivers.
- Represent Q9 in the airline community.
- Defend Q9’s interest with the Airport’s authority.
- Monitor and negotiate with suppliers and contractors.
- Respond to Customer queries
- Answer employee’s query and counselling of staff.
- Interact with all GWG departments on issues arising within the department.
- Discuss and propose possible amendments or new procedure within GWG to resolve these issues.
Decision Making – Accountabilities:
- Hiring of new recruits and internal promotion within agreed budget.
- Prevent fraud and protect company’s revenue.
- Control all expenditures.
- Authorise and prioritise expenses within approved budget. Negotiate with local contractors.
- Ensure that general company policies are adhered to.
- 5 years’ experience in a Management role within the airline industry.
- People management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Human Resources and local Conditions of Employment knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize work.
Commitment to Excellence:
- Our commitment to building a world-class airline with exceptional customer service and superior safety standards is a social responsibility that every new gTalent joining Green Africa must uphold when it comes to our Safety, Security, Culture, and 5- Point Promise to Customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention