Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Limited is a producer and exporter of agricultural produce such as Sorghum, Cassava, Soybean, Cocoa, and many other agricultural products. To boost the nation’s food security, reduce importation, and increase foreign earnings from the export of value-added agricultural product, Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Limited, located in Benin city, Edo state have dedicated crop farms in Edo State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Agronomist
Location: Benin City, Edo
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting Line: Manager
Starting Date: Immediately
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in Farm Management, Agribusiness, Extension, Rural livelihoods, and development
- B.Sc / HND or MSc. Degree in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy, Crop Science, Crop Production or General Agriculture and experience in sustainable Cocoa production a plus.
- Effective written or verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing field crop production on a large scale and must be able to take initiative and implement a quality agronomy program
- Proficiency in computer and Microsoft office Programming (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good interpersonal relationships and must be culturally sensitive and relate well with different people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team with team building spirit and meet up with deadlines.
- Must be hardworking, diligent, and able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of production of other crops like Soybean, Sorghum, and Maize.
- Must be ready to learn, professional, flexible, self-motivated, and willing to reside in remote areas and relocate if necessary.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage farmers’ clusters or co-operatives in a contract farming scheme
- Experience in cassava production on large scale is a must
- Knowledge of crop production practices and experience in crop and soil management essential
- Ability to monitor and supervise field workers, planting and harvesting operations, and other management practices
- Proficient in reporting and updating field activities on the organization project management application for progress and milestones tracking
- Managing crop production and providing technical backstopping to farmers
- Ability to take initiative and ensure established fields are free from pests and diseases by developing effective ways to control weeds, pests, and insects
- Collecting soil samples for laboratory testing and assisting with irrigations schedules
- Assisting with preparing the budget for field operations, planning, and management
- Experience in the use of biopesticides or other biological methods and be familiar with integrated pest management.
- Coordinate and work closely with the manager, team lead, and other members to achieve the set deliverables
- Assist and work closely with the training officer to deliver capacity-building training to farmers
- Participate in the recruitment of field support staff or any other position needed by the team
- Improving soil management practices and the use of biochar and organic manure in improving soil fertility and knowledge of organic farming production
- Keeping detailed records of farm operations, contract farmers, and input distribution
- Perform any other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned by the team lead or the manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.
- For more information, contact +2348063575431.
- Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Ltd offers a competitive salary and demonstrate the company’s commitment to building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention