The Oleaster is a Behavioral Health Center that provides a holistic treatment approach needed to fight addiction and other mental health issues. Our Client-first philosophy, licensed and empathetic staff allow us to meet you wherever you are in your recovery journey.
We work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your individual needs. Our integrative approach combines today’s most effective treatment strategies with long-standing, evidenced-based techniques to help you achieve lasting recovery. The Oleaster is located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Support Worker
Locations: Lagos Mainland, Lagos and Anambra
Reports to: Ward Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the nurses on duty and other clinicians while they carry out their duties.
- Receive and implement instructions from the nurses in charge of the wards at all times.
- Welcome patients and facilitate a friendly environment to enable them acclimatize to their new environment.
- Ensure the safety of patients and their living environment at all times; ensure patients are never left unattended in the facility or while on external activities.
- Assist to de-escalate and/or restrain aggressive/violent patients when required.
- Supervise the scheduled regular cleaning of patients’ rooms and shared areas during all shifts.
- Complete all observation charts and handover checklists promptly and conscientiously, with adequate attention to detail.
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, air conditioners, heaters, etc. are switched off when not in use.
- Promptly report damages, and supervise repairs and maintenance activities in the facility.
- Physical care of patients: assist when circumstances require, in maintaining personal hygiene-bathing, dressing –, feeding, making beds, arranging personal effects, etc.
- Interact with and support patients during therapeutic activities and recreation.
- Perform any other duties
Requirements and Experience
- ONLY SSCE or OND holders can apply for this role.
- Previous work experience in a mental health or general health care facility will be an advantage.
- Compassionate and patient.
- Strong–willed, able to solve crises and work in a team.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skill.
Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse
Locations: Abuja and Anambra
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Medical Director
- The Psychiatric Nurse will work as part of a team of medical professionals to provide psychiatric nursing care to patients of all ages, gender, religion and disposition, while creating a safe and therapeutic environment to aid their mental stability.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of care to all patients delegating duties and monitoring junior staff carrying these out.
- Assess all identified group of patients and new admissions to the Practice.
- To ensure that identified care planning is implemented and evaluated for all patients especially those within their identified groups.
- The Nurse will be able to conduct and interpret a Urine Drug Test for patients and clients and document the results appropriately.
- Ensure that a Urine Drug Test is conducted for all patient on board at any point if there is a suspected case of smuggling of substance into the facility.
- The Nurse would spend extensive parts of the shift in direct/indirect (overseeing and monitoring) patient care.
- Also dedicate time during the shift writing clinical reports, and updating care plans. Also the Nurse will be expected to undertake supervision/performance appraisal of junior staff, as directed by the Head of Clinical Services.
- To ensure that care given is individualized, patient centered and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and other statutory and voluntary organizations as appropriate.
- To orientate newly admitted patient on the principles, rules and regulations governing the unit at the point of admission and ensure that these rules are strictly adhered to by the patients.
- To ensure that all the policies and admission documents are signed by the patient and their relations where applicable.
- The Nurse will be involved in performing patient personal care duties, which would include washing, bathing and dressing using appropriate hoists and aids. Often uses equipment and clinical procedures requiring knowledge e.g. subcutaneous infusions, catheter care, wound care, pressure relieving equipment.
- To engage in pickup of new or old clients as required.
- Observe assigned patients on a daily basis to identify, interpret, and document physical and emotional status and/or patterns, such as assaultive or suicidal behaviour, and response to treatment or medication:
- Inspect patient rooms every morning.
- Check to ensure that the number of patients at handover tallies with the number at takeover given allowance for discharged cases in the course of the day.
- Inspect rooms to ensure air conditioner and lights are switched off when patients are not in room.
- Ensure vital signs are taken 2 times a day.
- Work with the support workers to see to the personal hygiene of patients in the morning.
- Ensure the dining area is kept clean when not in use, ensure support worker/cook take the dishes to the kitchen immediately after every meal
- Administer psychotropic medications to patients, monitors use, and documents reactions; educate patients on the purpose, dosage, and side effects of medication, and explain the implications of patient’s refusal to take prescribed medication.
- Provide crisis intervention to those individuals experiencing acute episodes.
- Obtain medical, psychiatric, social, and family histories of new admissions; take and record vital signs; obtain lab specimens and assist physicians with physical exams.
- When needed, acts as a team leader, on a rotational basis, for an assigned shift; plan, assign, and review the work of other regular nursing staff, student nurses, mental health technicians and support staff.
- To be able to deliver services and treatment in patient’s own environment whenever the need arises.
- Ensure protected meal time is properly implemented.
- Inspect patient food before taking it to patients for consumption.
- Make Clinical presentations during clinical meetings and during business meetings.
- Ensure take home medications are well dispensed for patient going on weekend leave.
- Schedules and arranges for special tests; develops discharge plans; maintains charts and logs; performs catheterizations and enemas; and draws blood.
- Aid patients in obtaining proper medical care, after release or during hospitalization, by identifying community agencies and resources to assist patients with stabilization while living in the community.
- Interact with private medical facilities, courts, and Federal and State agencies to express concerns of the patient and to discuss treatment also when required, testify in court as to the patient’s mental and physical condition.
Requirements and Experience
- Must be a Registered Psychiatric Nurse.
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a psychiatric nurse
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Explain mental health laws and regulations;
- Observe emotional and physical behaviour.
- Evaluate and assess the need for mental health services.
- Communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic origins.
- Speak before groups.
- Exercise independent judgment in medical emergencies.
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy, patience, and compassion.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with co–workers, other agencies, and organizations.
- Comply with nursing policies, protocols, and program regulations.
- Analyse a situation and adopt a course of action.
- Prepare and maintain medical records and reports.
- Recognize and respect limits of confidential information.
- Direct and advise other nursing staff.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Reports to: Admin Manager
- The Driver will assist the company with all transport–related duties and will be responsible for conveying staff of the organization, materials and equipment to and fro where they may be needed in a timely manner.
- Safely transporting company staff and various products to and from specified locations.
- Plan travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Comply with road safety rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report damage, accident or injuries to management.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventive maintenance where necessary.
- Keep the company vehicle clean and properly maintained.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
Requirements and Experience
- Proven work experience as a driver in a corporate organization.
- No recent driving violations.
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Drivers who reside in the mainland will be preferable.
- Valid driving license.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffics, weather conditions etc.).
- Ability to drive long hours and occasional travels .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️