CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand across other regions in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Medical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives of Role
- The Principal Medical Officer (PMO) shall be responsible for overseeing all clinical operations of the facility in accordance with CarePoint Hospital policies and Medical services regulations.
- Supervise and lead the Clinical & Nursing department on clinical works (patient care) including being on call, conducting ward rounds and OPD clinics.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure good service delivery and smooth operations in accordance with CarePoint Hospitals policies and best practices in medical services.
- Plan, implements and evaluates all curative activities/ services of the facility and ensures high performance standards.
- Compiles periodic reports on the performance of the hospital and curative services.
- Ensures that the hospital has ongoing programs for in service training for clinical and nursing staff.
- Ensures that the hospital has up to date infection prevention guidelines and that these infection control and prevention policies are adhered to by working closely with the Infection Control and Prevention Committee
- Ensures that all deaths in the hospital are audited and measures taken to prevent unnecessary deaths or morbidity.
- Collaborates with Clinical and Administration staff on day-to-day management of the facility.
- Monitors and maintains standards of clinical practice.
- Empowers and enables clinical staff to perform their roles effectively.
- Devotes the utmost knowledge and best skill to the care of patients i.e. time spent on care of patients as appropriate at the Hospital, hospital rounds. and dictation of charts and all related patient services
- Prepares in a timely and complete manner reports of all examinations, procedures and other services performed in accordance with the standards and policies of the Hospital, and any applicable accrediting, regulating or licensing agencies.
- Carry our minor and major surgical procedures.
- Oversee procurement and supplies of medical supplies and services.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Advising and counseling of patients.
- Handle referrals of patients
- Organize regular health education and training to external and internal stakeholders of the facility.
- Manage the clinical services of the department to ensure that CarePoint Hospitals gets value for money.
- Maintains medical office open for patient visits as agreed by the facility.
- Promotes clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events, and other drivers for change.
- Manage the clinical department budgets.
- Works as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Maintains personal contact with patients and patients’ relatives (guardians) and assist staff in dealing with complaints.
- Diagnosing and treatment of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months houseman-ship & Residency completed.
- 5 – 7 years experience as a Senior Medical Officer
- Post residency experience under and without supervision as the Senior Medical Officer in a facility.
- Proven experience as clinical/medical director, head of operations or other leadership position.
- Professional experience in health care management.
- Patient Oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent surgical skills; general surgery, obstetrics, and gynecological surgery etc.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in HIV/TB care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Principal Medical Officer” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th July, 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters