The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant (EU – ACT)
Pay band: 4
Department: Business Delivery
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed term contract ending December, 2022
- The Programme Assistant (EU-Agents for Citizen Driven Transformation) will provide administrative and financial support assistance across the full range of programme support functions as required.
- will be responsible for ensuring quality and timeliness of delivery, good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes.
- Graduate level Education
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful team / function
- Proven experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders/ external partners
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a client funded project or international non-governmental organization (INGO) / non-governmental organisation (NGO)
Role Specific Skills:
- Basic IT Skills including Word and Excel.
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- N5,431,443 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 7th April, 2021