The Oyo State Government, through the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Oyo (All Local Government Areas)
Project: Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP)
Job Type: One (1) year Contract; Renewable
- The Oyo State Government has received financing from the World Bank to support the implementation of Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP).
- The Project however, intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit, for the payment of the engagement of an Individual to fill the position of the Project Coordinator equivalent to that of a Managing Director.
Scope of Service
- The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of all the Project activities and delivery of outputs in accordance with the time frame, budget and specification to achieve the Project Development Objectives;
- Provide Reports and Information to the Project Steering Committee (PSC), Oyo State Government and the World Bank in a timely manner; and
- Undertake any other additional tasks or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Chairman of the Project Steering Committee for the smooth functioning of IUFMP Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree preferably in Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources and Hydraulics, Business Administration, Economics, Urban Planning.
- Strong preference for candidates with good technical background and experience in managing large scale civil engineering or infrastructure projects;
- Effective interpersonal, management,and negotiation skills proven through successful interaction with stakeholders, including senior government officials, regional / local authorities, experts and NGOs / communities;
- Demonstrated ability in team building and management;
- Fluency in English and ability to speak local language will be added advantage and
- Demonstrable Computer proficiency in a minimum of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- A Postgraduate Degree and / or Certification in Project Management of not less than eight (8) years is desirable and will be of added advantage;
- At least 15 years of Project Management experience with not less than 10 years of work experience in managing MDB-funded projects in Nigeria or other African countries
- Must possess adequate experience, skills and knowledge in Project Planning, Public Procurement, Contract and Financial Management especially on Donor funded Projects;
- The Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing the services
- Interested Individuals must provide information through their Curriculum Vitae indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
- An Individual will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must deliver their Expressions of Interest (EOI) in sealed envelope to:
The Ag. Project Coordinator,
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP),
Plot 1068, Oba Akinyele Street,
Opposite Federal Secretariat, Ikolaba GRA,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
Telephone: +234-(0)807 314 1729, +234-(0)809 670 0946
E-mail: [email protected]
- For more information on the Selection Process, please visit www.worldbank.org
- Interested Individuals may obtain further information at the address above between the working hours of 9.00am – 4.00pm, Mondays through Fridays.
Application Deadline 4.00pm Friday 7th May, 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters