Parallel Score is a product development firm that develops data and user-centric solutions by leveraging design, engineering, and innovative thinking. We are a provocative product development agency that is focused on imagining and building highly-interactive and user- driven experiences that push the limits of user design and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; support and develop a software team.
- The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing Softwares.
- Consulting; Technical Leads are part of the senior team that manages the client and is called upon to facilitate user requirements sessions, design technical specifications, and manage the development of documentation to meet client expectations. In conjunction with a Project Manager, Technical Leads are expected to provide both technical and solution expertise for clients and client engagements.
- Solution Development; Technical Leads design solutions for various client needs. TLs support the analysis of client processes and recommend new business models, workflows, or solutions to best meet client needs.
- Technical Leadership; Technical Leads manage all technical aspects of the project and also contribute directly by writing code, managing builds, and performing other hands-on tasks. TLs have the ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations, Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues, and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Team Management; Technical Leads may manage small teams to successfully deliver agreed-upon solutions of the highest quality, exceeding customer expectations. They mentor and guide less experienced consultants. They are expected to be role models for best practices and to provide technical knowledge sharing.
- Expertly implement designs using modern programming practices, Participate in the architecture and design of systems.
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 5-8yrs software development experience and 3-5yrs real management of the engineering team, experience in a project-based consulting environment.
- Expertise in architecting and designing software solutions for various problem types.
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of custom software development: OO Design Patterns; microservices, middleware, etc.
- Strong proficiency with server-side languages (Node.js and Python preferred), Strong proficiency with Java.
- Proficiency in using MongoDB
- Understanding of data security compliance and security best practices, Experience in profiling, debugging, and troubleshooting systems
- Experience with video technologies preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working on teams with a heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform (e.g. Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack), Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a remote team operating in multiple time zones.
- Experience with a variety of data storage solutions (e.g. Elasticsearch, Dynamo, RDS, PGSQL).
- Experience with fault-tolerant message queuing/brokering systems (e.g. Kafka, SQS, Kinesis)
- Experience building a moderately complex Android app with knowledge of dart.
- Solid understanding of databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database deployment and scalability; database tuning.
- Extensive experience with designing systems for scale and reuse, source code management strategies, and release management.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills; as well as strong and effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to travel to client locations and collaborate with distributed delivery teams as needed.
- Solid knowledge of system administration and software and hardware configuration and production system deployments; ability to make informed recommendations to customer IT staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot pre-and post-production implementations including security and load balancing & performance issues.
- Cloud DevOps experience strongly preferred
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Willing to learn and work on different mobile platforms/frameworks when needed.
- Networking and integrating third-party APIs. Working with a version control system (i.e., Git).
- Proficient at an intermediate level in either Java/Kotlin for Android and Objective-C/Swift for iOS.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts i.e Classes and objects, Inheritance, Encapsulation, and Polymorphism.
- Working knowledge of core data structures provided by a language, i.e arrays/lists, tuples, dictionaries, hash tables.
- Proficient at an intermediate level in mobile platform frameworks – UIKit(iOS), MapKit, ARKit, RxJava, RxSwift.
- Working knowledge of software engineering collaboration tools – Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Git, Mercurial.
- Familiarity with language/platforms, build IDEs/tools – Simulators/Emulators, and Gradle(Android), Android Studio, XCode.
- Working knowledge of at least one CI/CD tool – i.e Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Working knowledge of the app stores for the respective mobile platforms – i.e Google Play Store, Apple’s App Store.
- Working Knowledge of analytics tools – i.e HockeyApp/App Center,
- Working knowledge of networking concepts – DNS, OSI model, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, IP Addressing.
- Working knowledge of UI Design libraries/frameworks – Material Design (Android).
- Bonus published apps on the Play Store will be an advantage.
- Intermediate level understanding of fundamental database concepts – i.e database tables, querying databases, normalization, joins, database management systems.
- Good understanding of at least one database for Mobile dev – i.e SQLite, RealmDB, and Good understanding of cloud mobile database backends – i.e Firebase.
- Working knowledge of ORMs/ODMs – i.e Room ORM, SqlDelight, CoreData.
- Knowledge of network security and deep knowledge of unit, integration, e2e, and UI testing, as well as testing frameworks/libraries – JUnit(For Java), Espresso, Appium, XCTest(iOS).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters