Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: States Grants and Compliance Officer (Consultant)
Subject RFP #: TO3 / TO4 / TO5 / 217727 / Consultancy / Fixed Price Contract-2021-0010
Locations: Bauchi, Kebbi & Sokoto
Duration: Three (3) months
Terms of Reference / Specifications: Provision of Technical Assistance on Grants & Compliance Management in three states: Bauchi (1), Kebbi (1) and Sokoto (1)
Project: Integrated Health Program, Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States’ Offices
- IHP Nigeria needs the service of qualified and professional Grants & Compliance Consultants in Bauchi, Sokoto and Kebbi states to handle grants related operations functions.
Type of Contract:
- This is a firm fixed price deliverable-based contract. The consultant is expected to satisfactorily accomplish the deliverables before he / she gets paid for that deliverable.
- The IHP Chief of Party reserves the right to confirm if a deliverable is delivered adequately or otherwise. No price change is expected after contract is signed. IHP will not pay for cost of any deliverable that is not complete, of quality or on time.
Anticipated Contract Term:
- The anticipated performance period for the consultancy is April 2021 to July 2021. As a firm fixed price consultancy based on deliverables, Palladium will only pay for deliverables that have met the standards and expectations of the program and which is also delivered within assigned timelines.
- The USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) is a five-year expanded effort by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and provide technical support for rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. The activity facilitates seven core intervention areas: health system strengthening (HSS), reproductive health/family planning, maternal, newborn, adolescent, and child health, and nutrition (RMNCAH +N).
- IHP supports the rapid scale-up of proven high impact interventions appropriate to each stage of life through improvements in the delivery of quality primary health care services, the strengthening of health systems, the reduction in supply side barriers to service access and optimizing each contact with a client. IHP works closely with state and local government in Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Ebonyi states and the FCT to support established health and development plans, build capacity and ensure ownership of interventions, systems, and results. The project promotes integrated packages of services in the seven core intervention areas of HSS and RMNCH+NM, ensuring that priority is given to mainstream gender and social inclusion and foster sustainability and country ownership.
- Over the years, USAID has supported the Government of Nigeria to strengthen reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services through a range of projects in the country and using a variety of capacity building methodologies. These projects contributed immensely to improving access to quality services through capacity building of various cadre of health workers at all levels to provide evidence based RMNCAH care. USAID projects in Nigeria have equally supported the development, review, and implementation of a range of national training guidelines and materials to strengthen health worker’s skills on RMNCH+NM.
- Applications are expected to be submitted on or before the due date as shown on the front page of this RFP.
- Palladium will set up an evaluation committee who will meet to review all applications received within two weeks after the application period has closed. Top candidates may further be invited for an interview by the evaluation committee which will be conducted a week after the first evaluation. Depending on availability of the members of the evaluation committee and the exigences of the program, evaluation may be conducted at times which may be shorter or longer than stated here.
- Palladium anticipates issuing the contract to the successful contractor within 30 to 60 days after submission but reserves the right to adjust the timelines to suit program implementation plan. Palladium’s ability to issue such contracts may be contingent upon USAID approval and when donor approval is required, timelines for contract award may be longer than stated. Palladium anticipates the services to be rendered on this consultancy will commence in April 2021.
- Integrated Health Program (IHP) TO3 Bauchi, TO4 Kebbi and TO5 Sokoto.
- IHP is in the process of recruiting full time personnel for the positions of States Grants and Compliance Officers. The Consultants will be required to provide interim services for the grants and compliance unit pending when IHP is able to hire full time employees for the positions.
- The USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) is a five-year expanded effort by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and provide technical support for rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- The project has offices in Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, Sokoto, FCT and Abuja Central Office. The current consultancies openings are in Bauchi and Sokoto states but will be working with Abuja Central Office and other offices where necessary.
- The Palladium Group has three openings for Grants and Compliance Officers each for Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto states. The Grants and Compliance Officers will manage grants portfolios, in accordance with Palladium’s and USAID policies and procedures.
- Reports to State Finance and Administrative Directors and the Senior Grants and Compliance Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
In collaboration and consultation with IHP’s State Offices and Abuja Central Office, the Consultants will undertake the following activities:
- IHP seeks three (3) Grants & Compliance officers as Consultants to support the state offices in the management and administration of grants and compliance functions.
Eligibility Requirements / Required Technical Competencies
Qualifications and required experiences:
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any other relevant field. Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of experience in grant, business, finance, accounting, or any other relevant field can be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Required Personal Competences:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership, team building, coaching and mentoring capability
- Ability to engage and manage strategic stakeholders including government, implementing partners, academia and private sector.
- Strong writing and communication skills (training, negotiation, moderation, representation, presentation and writing/documentation).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and proven track record of proactiveness managing competing priorities.
Due Diligence Requirements:
- Palladium conducts a due diligence search as part of our partner vetting and selection process. Please see Attachment A for a sample of the due diligence form.
- Any individual or Company must complete Due Diligence Questionnaire if selected for Award within 5 days (See Attachment A for the Due Diligence Questionnaire).
Restrictions for debarred or otherwise prohibited companies:
- As a USAID funded project, IHP does not partner with any debarred individuals or companies. Therefore, candidates and companies will be subjected to the approved systems of search which Palladium uses for vetting and certifying that potential contractors are not debarred.
Availability of Specific Registrations or Licenses to perform the Service:
- For Companies Application, contractors are required to submit their certificates of incorporation and any other industry certificates which enables them to operate in Nigeria and in the industry of this SOW.
- The Company must have a DUNS number or obtain one within 5 days of being notified of selection (see Attachment C for instructions for obtaining DUNS number).
Evaluation and Award Process
This is a Best Value Procurement. Palladium uses “Best value” to select the most advantageous offer by evaluating and comparing factors in addition to cost or price. Decision is taken by the evaluation team by considering the cost and non-cost evaluation factors with the intent of awarding to the contractor that will give Palladium the greatest or best value for its money. The evaluation committee shall review the proposal received using the following weights:
Technical and Management Approach – 20:
- Quality and benefits of the solution.
- Quality of the performance metrics and measurement approach.
- Risks associated with the solution.
- Management approach and controls.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the work required
- Provide capacity building support to the Grantees
- Proposed activities are responsive to the RFP and are well thought out, organized and feasible.
- List of deliverables with due dates/timelines.
Qualifications – 20:
- Educational background with evidence of degrees
- Professional qualifications (relevant to the consultancy) with certificates, licenses and other documentation
- Technical competencies relevant to this consultancy
Past Performance – 10:
- Evidence of quality of past work (letters of reference/recommendations, performance reviews)
- Samples of work done (reports, publications)
- Other evidence of quality of work and timeliness of work.
Past Experience – 20:
- Key relevant achievements and capabilities
- Previous work experience (long and short term) relevant to this assignment
- Number of years of demonstrated practical and progressive experience.
Price – 30:
- Financial proposal that includes cost per deliverable with total cost per deliverable broken down by: daily rate, travel, accommodation, per diem, material, communication (adherence to USAID cost principles – allowable, allocable and reasonable).
Total Possible – 100 points:
- Palladium reserves the right to award under this solicitation without further negotiations. The offerors are encouraged to offer their best terms and prices with the original submission.
Procurement Integrity and Ethics:
- It is Palladium’s Policy that no gifts of any kind and of any value be exchanged between vendors/contractors and Palladium personnel. Discovery of the same will be grounds for disqualification of the vendor/contractor from participation in any Palladium’s procurements and may result in disciplinary actions against Palladium personnel involved in such discovered transactions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / Bidders are expected to submit both Technical and Financial bids and in two separate emails to: [email protected] stating as part of the subject matter of the email whether “Technical bid” or “Financial bid” and also quoting the RFP number as it appears on the cover page.
The following items are required to be submitted as part of the proposal:
- Technical Proposal & Management Approach including:
- Personnel CV
- Past Experience Information/Capability Statement
- Past Performance Information and Reference Information (Contact/Program Name etc)
- Past Performance or Trade References; performance reviews
- Financial Proposal detailing costs to be incurred with respect of the deliverables to be accomplished. Details of costs should be provided: daily rate/LOE, travel, accommodation, per diem, material, communication (adherence to USAID cost principles – allowable, allocable and reasonable and supported with evidence past rates). No lumpsum cost will be accepted.
Selected candidates will be required to sign certifications: Terrorism, Anti-Kick Back, Debarment, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Please review the additional documentation and proposed contracts terms and conditions which should be given consideration when preparing your proposal. By submitting your bid, you will certify that you are in agreement with the contract terms and conditions as included in this solicitation and that all prices include all aspects of the required compliance with the terms and conditions of the proposed contract.
- Attachment A: Due diligence form(s)
- Attachment B: Sample Contract
- Attachment C: Guide for obtaining DUNs number
- Attachment D: Business Partner Code of Conduct
- Any contract/purchase order resulting from this solicitation must be signed by both parties in order to be considered valid and in force. All costs associated with, but not limited to, production, preparation and/or delivery of goods or services, including deliveries, accepted by Palladium staff, without a fully executed (signed by both parties) contract/purchase order, are at the vendor’s risk only. Palladium shall not pay for any costs, without limitation, associated with production, preparation or delivery of goods and/or services under this or any other contract/purchase order, which has not been signed by both parties.
- If your proposal is successful, you will be required to enter into the Company’s standard contract for the types of goods or services being provided. In the provision of the Goods and Services, you will be required to comply with the Company’s policies, including (without limitation) its Business Partner Code of Conduct and any relevant client terms and conditions. Potential suppliers must also comply with the Company’s Business Partner Code of Conduct in the submission of any proposals pursuant to this RFP.
- If you are bidding as part of a joint venture, partnership or similar, please make this clear in your submission. Likewise, if you propose to subcontract any part of the goods or services provision, then disclose this fact within your submission. The Company may require additional information from you and approval for subcontracting will not be automatic as subcontractors will be subject to Palladium’s Due Diligence process and may be required to submit for USAID Partner Vetting.
Important Information / Notice
- For more details concerning this consultancy and other associated application tools, please visit the link below: http://bit.ly/39ooJIM
- Please follow the instructions as contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and submit your application.
- Applications received will have a validity period of six months.
- Thank you for your interest in the above procurement. As implementer for the Project, Palladium invites you to submit a proposal for the terms of reference below. Your proposal must be valid for the Validity Period.
- Please submit your proposal in accordance with the Details for Submission above by the Closing Date and Time. This RFP in no way obligates Palladium to award a contract nor does it commit Palladium to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal. Palladium bears no responsibility for data errors resulting from transmission or conversion processes.
- We look forward to your response. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail: [email protected] Please reference the RFP number on the subject of the email.
Application Deadline13th April, 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters