Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Public Policy Manager – West and Central Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Senior Public Policy Manager to join Bolt’s team and cover West and Central Africa.
- You will be the key point of contact for local teams, protecting the business from damaging legislation, regulation and administration at a national and regional level.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Management and mitigation of political, regulatory and legislative risk
- Design and execution of public affairs strategy including timeline for engagement with KPIs
- Comprehensive stakeholder mapping: assist in-country business units with identifying key stakeholders among elected officials, civil servants, third party groups; ensuring that information is kept current
- Message crafting and localization
- Maintenance of relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter and safety organizations
- Representing Bolt in relevant industry associations
- Establish effective relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders in target markets
- Instruct and manage consultant public affairs agencies, freelancers and legal counsel as required.
- Drafting of position papers, submissions, ‘leave-behinds’, consultation papers and oral advocacy materials, as required
- Oral advocacy and effective representation of Bolt in meetings with stakeholders
- Co-primary ownership of relationship with regulatory authorities in operational markets
We are looking for:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs/ public policy capacity. You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation and administrative procedure
- This is a not a job for a career changer, nor for an enthusiastic amateur. The successful candidate is likely to come from working for an elected official or with a civil service department, regulatory agency, public affairs agency or might be an in-house in a public policy role, ideally in the tech or transport verticals
- Experience of legislative and regulatory processes on a multi-jurisdictional basis
- While not a communications or PR role, an understanding of how political developments impact the media cycle, and vice versa
- Educated to degree level, likely with some postgraduate
- Formal legal training in advisory or litigation functions could be helpful but not a prerequisite. Transaction support lawyers, don’t waste your time
- Good political networks in some operational markets in region are an advantage; ability to develop networks a requirement
- Experience of and the confidence to represent Bolt to Cabinet level policy-makers
- Business standard written and spoken English
- Additional languages a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable successes in public affairs
- The ability to work and create an advocacy agenda in accordance with a strategic governance framework
- An excellent writer and communicator
- The ability to relate public affairs activity to underpin the commercial operations of a business
- Confident, articulate, organized, resilient
Why you’ll love it here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- We don’t care where you work from, as long as you get the job done!
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! We have fridges full of refreshments, sports compensation, table tennis, Playstation and loads more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview