Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment for a Business Development Manager
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development (Trading) Manager
Job Code: R47464
Job type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Commercial and Retail
Worker Type: Long Term International Assignment
Business unit: Downstream
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- The role is expected to provide leadership in identifying and implementing third-party trading opportunities together with optimisation of Group value at the upstream/downstream (trading) interface in Nigeria. Third party includes both government and private sector opportunities.
- The incumbent will play an active role in upstream re-structuring developments that have a cross-business impact and will act as the in situ commercial interface between upstream and trading/downstream in the region.
- To sustain and grow Crude Trading business in Nigeria, by originating, structuring and closing out crude oil Business Development projects, the individual is expected to have proven high capacity, commercial mind set, sound understanding of trading, related upstream O&G and structured financing apart from excellent interpersonal skills.
More Specific Responsibilities
- Develop a sound understanding of all upstream commercial and fiscal issues in the region that impact integrated Group value for crude oil and gas entitlements.
- Represent Upstream and Downstream businesses in government and industry discussions/negotiations that impact on hydrocarbon value.
- Fulfill local reporting role for Downstream/Trading staff in Nigeria and perform mentoring/development support.
- Manage and ‘develop-new’ sustainable relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Create innovative solutions to meet customer requirements whilst maximising the value of tradable options and taking due account of all risks including credit, price risk, HSSE and Group reputation.
- Project manage identified development opportunities and lead project teams driving for efficient and successful delivery.
- Together with Trading Desks colleagues, identify and support execution of third-party value added trading opportunities that complement Upstream strengths.
- Jointly with the Structured Finance team, manage relationships with banks and credit institutions to monitor the debt financing provided by Shell Trading to local producers and further support projects requiring financing and/or de-risking existing debt in the market.
- Represent the Upstream/Downstream interface in regional Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) initiatives.
What We Need From You
- We’re looking for high capacity individuals looking to enter the core trading arena. Knowledge of upstream commercial drivers, refinery economics and structured financing along with a sound understanding of the trading business is desirable.
- Experience in trading and/or financing is essential. Strong interpersonal skills are required to forge and maintain relations with internal business units, government entities and private producing and marketing companies alike.
We also hope your CV will show as many of the following as possible:
- Strong evidence of high level of intelligence, commercial acumen, consistent delivery, able to grasp new concepts very quickly and highly numerate.
- Ability to challenge the status quo hunger for getting deals done and generating value.
- Go-getter who has fire in the belly and will turn over every rock.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for the deal process.
- Relevant Business Development experience along with proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and to use this to sell ideas to customers.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Federal and State Government Recruitment
Oil and Gas Jobs
Banking and Finance Jobs
International NGOs Recruitment
Federal and State University Jobs
Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
Customer Service Jobs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊