Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the position below in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: LGA Community Engagement Officer
Reference Id: sfh-76408
Locations: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Borno, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Enugu, Abia, Ondo, Kwara and Osun
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: 7 months Contract – renewable, subject to performance and availability of funds.
- The post of LGA Community Engagement Officer contributes to strengthening capacity of LGHA/HPU to effectively coordinate community engagement activities including provision of Technical Assistance to targeted health facilities enrolled under the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) through coaching and mentoring towards achievement of the basic minimum package of health care.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
Provide technical support for Expansion utilization and access to basic health services through support to LGHA in the roll out of effective demand generation and BCC strategies:
- Facilitate regular collaborative engagements between the LGHA and other relevant institutions at the LGA and State levels (SPHCDA, SMOH, Health Promotion Division, and BHCPF state Gateways to find collaborative ways of creating community level demand for BHCPF services at PHCs.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings both at the LGA and state levels (TWGs, Social mobilization coordination meetings, etc.)
- TA to the LGHA to develop and implement annual strategic plans and ensure specific LGA level strategies for Community engagement are incorporated and budgeted for in such plans.
Provide Support to Health Promotion Units (HPU)/Social mobilization department within targeted LGAs to develop and implement integrated community engagement and BCC strategies to include sexual reproductive health for adolescents and Early Child Development (ECD) services:
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to review/develop or adopt a refined integrated Community engagement to cover RHMNCAEH+N.
- TA to the Health Promotion Division of LGHA to develop and target BHCPF prospective enrolees and beneficiaries with strategic messages through its affiliated social and traditional media channels.
- Provide embedded TA to HPUs at the LGAs to ensure PHCs conduct effective demand creation activities through CHIPS Agents.
- Technical Assistance to Health Promotion Officers at LGHA to plan and monitor activities of community structures -CHIPS agents, religious and traditional leaders and WDCs conducting and monitoring community sensitization in catchment communities of selected Health Facilities.
Strengthening RCCE Pillar at the LGA level to effectively respond to public health emergencies including Covid19:
- Collect, collate, process, and analyze project data generated at the communities and facilities levels
- TA to RCCE Pillar at LGA level to develop holistic and costed Risk communication strategy that will mirror the health security strategy at the state level.
- TA to HPU to effectively use community structures – CHIPS, WDCs, traditional and religious Leaders – for information sharing, monitoring and response to health emergencies at community level
Report and other Knowledge management activities:
- Develop work plans and budget to support effective implementation of strategies for Community engagement in targeted LGAs with emphasis on BHCPF facilities.
- Prepare and submit activity reports, monthly and quarterly to show progress in achievement of deliverables at the LGA level.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Health Education, Nursing or Community Health related discipline and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience including direct experience working in or with LGHA/PHCs on service delivery and Social Mobilization.
- Good Understanding of the health systems in Nigeria in general and LGA level.
- Ability to manage an outcomes-based approach and use of data to inform continuous improvement and decision-making.
- Some knowledge of the Basic Health Care Provision Fund Scheme Will be an added advantage.
- Ability to consistently make strategic decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Experience in managing budgets in resource-limited environments.
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.).
- Good Understanding of the concept and implementation of Basic Health Care Provision Fund.
- Experience working (or understands the modalities of working) with Government (LGHA, MOH, SPHCDA), NGOs, and other relevant Parastatals/Agencies and stakeholders
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community, and at organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Integrity, commitment to the organization and its mandate
- Cultural sensitivity/valuing diversity
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Performance Management/developing people.
- Problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Communicating information and ideas
- Analytical and strategic thinking
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd August, 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️