Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Government Area (LGA) Coordinator – ITN Campaign
Locations: Ogun and Katsina
Contract Duration: (3 Months)
- The LGA Coordinators – ITN Campaign will coordinate SFH ITN campaigns at the LGA level ensuring all aspects of the campaign function effectively making sure deliverables are both timely and complete.
- They will work with LGA Technical Assistant, LGA Team and other RBM partners, Networks and organizations to outline SFH ITN campaign processes which would include dates, key planning/execution milestones, partnership/roles, technical assistance needs, technical assistance resources and technical assistance deployment for each campaign/partner/state.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the campaign implementation at the LGA level ensuring all planned activities are carried out according to plan and timeline.
- Ensure training documentation including attendance and personnel profile are properly done for all campaign trainings/orientations
- Collect and VERIFY the account details of all campaign personnel in the LGA and share them with the finance team.
- Ensure all personnel fill activity timesheets correctly and submit them timely.
- Contact campaign personnel with account or payment issues during and after the campaign exercise to resolve the issues.
- Lead LGA advocacy ensuring the provision of a conducive atmosphere through targeted advocacy to the LGA chairman and other relevant stakeholders in the LGA.
- Work with CSOs on community mobilization activities ensuring adherence to the implementation plan.
- Work with Town Announcers to mobilise beneficiaries in the communities to receive and use their ITNs
- Supervise Household Mobilization activities in the LGA and ensure they have relevant knowledge and tools for effective health education.
- Monitor the airing of campaign radio jingles and TV spots.
- Coordinate the campaign-related ICT4D activities including proper guarantee for all deployed devices as well as prompt synchronization of campaign data on the devices
- Work with vendors (Food vendors, CSOs etc.) to provide the right services and ensure all invoices and backup documents are complete and provided on completion of services
- Make available and clarify the simplified P-3b form to the LGA team and ward supervisors
- Supervise training/orientations at the LGA and ward levels.
- Supervise the set up and ITN inventory control at the Distribution hubs (DH) within supported LGAs.
- Ensure adequate and prompt availability of all campaign materials for the personnel in the LGA.
- Monitor all campaign personnel ensuring they are on duty and sign daily activity timesheets
- Assess LGA stores to ensure their readiness to receive ITNs for the LGAs.
- Assess DH stores to ensure appropriateness for ITN storage and distribution.
- Liaise with LGA & DH teams to receive and document ITNs delivery on scheduled delivery days using all necessary tools.
- Check and return all used logistics tools ensuring they are properly filled and documented.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree will be an advantage.
- Must possess previous work experience as an LGA Coordinator or Technology and Training Assistant for ITN Campaign.
- Demonstrate past campaign experience using technology in any of the previous campaigns.
Skills and Competency Required:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team building and maintenance skills
- Computer literate good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 25th March, 2021.