The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Procurement Specialist
Contract: Short-term (4months with possibility of extension)
- The STTA Procurement Specialist will support the procurement of goods and services under grants or direct implementation.
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, the STTA Procurement Specialist will provide support to the program’s Procurement Unit by overseeing logistics operation, reviewing and executing procurement processes, and coordinating with the Grants and Programs Units to support program implementation.
- The STTA Procurement Specialist must be familiar with USAID procurement regulations and will ensure strict compliance for both USAID rules and regulations and Creative procurement policies and procedures.
- This position will be based in Abuja, with activities being implemented in the middle belt region. Travel to Northcentral-Northwest States may be required for this position.
Reporting & Supervision
- The STTA Procurement Specialist will report to the Operations Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute procurement processes and logistics operations for the program, including for grant activities, strictly following all rules and regulations under local law
- Ensure adherence to USAID regulations and Creative policies, including:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive
- Local Nigerian law
- As directed by the Operations Manager, review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures, as needed
- Maintain policies for procurement processes under the guidance of the Operations Manager
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following USAID and Creative policies and local law while ensuring information security
- Provide guidance on procurement and delivery of goods and services to the Grants and Programs Units, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the program, USAID, Creative, and local law
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors
- Verify the procurement and quality of materials according to the context and or / needs of the beneficiary, community, and / or program
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations
- Coordinate delivery logistics with the Program Unit and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods / materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grant activities
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and / or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the Grants and Program Unit. Ensure documentation and a robust selection process that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality and maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree in Management, Business Administration, Law, or related field is required
- At least six years of general work experience with at least four years of procurement experience is required
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues is required
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages is highly desired
- Prior USAID or US Government experience is highly desirable
- Experience working on other donor funded programs is an advantage
- Demonstrated management experience is required
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop tracking systems is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Note: Please reference the “Job title and Location” on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 31st March, 2021.