United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Investigations & Fraud Management
- Investigation of Fraud and Forgeries to identify incident root causes, internal control gaps and failure points and to proffer solutions/recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and exposure to corporate liability, sanctions and litigations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct Investigation and Issue Reports, with follow up for Implementation of Approved Recommendations.
- Conduct prompt investigation on frauds and forgeries, customers’ complaints, process & services failures, Whistle blowing complaint and other cases; and ensure that the cases are dispensed within set deadlines.
- Request for Management (H, I &FM, GCIA/EMC) approval of recommendations
- Forward approved reports to CFC, HCM Work Ethics and other responsible departments for implementation of the investigation recommendations.
- Attend Disciplinary Committee (DC) meetings where the consequence management recommended in the report includes arraignment of suspect /indicted staff before the Bank’s Disciplinary Committee (DC) for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Follow up on implementation of Investigations recommendations and other report recommendations with stakeholders.
- Render Periodic Reports of Frauds and Forgeries to Regulatory Authorities and Management
- Compilation and timely rendition of reports on fraud and forgeries to Regulatory Authorities (CBN, NDIC, etc) and other agencies including;
- Weekly activity Report for Lagos & H/O Region for I&FM Group Meeting
- Fraud and Forgery returns to CBN and NDIC (Monthly).
- Armed Robbery incidence to NDIC (Monthly).
- NIBSS for BVN Watch list report (Weekly).
- Review and Respond to Balance confirmation and Account Statement enquiries/ Requests
- Review and respond to External Auditors, Embassies, Security Agencies, other banks, etc requests for balances confirmations, account statement verification and rendition, placement and vacation of restrictions on accounts.
- Respond promptly to and cultivate effective liaison with other banks in relation to issues of frauds, customer complaints and other investigation matters including cases emanating from the Bankers Sub Committee on Ethics and Professionalism.
- And other reports/returns as may be required by the Group Chief Internal Auditor and Regulatory body.
- We are looking for a candidate who has good investigative & analytical skills, excellent written communication skills, able to conduct prompt investigation on frauds and forgeries, customers’ complaints, process & services failures, also carry out Fraud Incident Containment, Fund Salvage etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Investigative skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th December, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️