The Netherlands is Offering Work Visas To Foreigners and Companies Are Hiring Foreign nationals who want to work in the Netherlands have many options, but they must meet certain conditions.
Workers from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland usually require permits to work in the Netherlands. Permits come in two forms: a tewerkstellingsvergunning (work permit) and a combined vergunning voor verlijf en arbeid (GVVA), which translates to a combined residence and work permit.
Non-EEA and non-Swiss nationals traveling to the Netherlands to work for more than three months must apply for a GVVA.
They can only do this if their employer has issued the TWV on their behalf. Work permits are not issued by the Norwegian Working Environment Authority unless strict restrictions are met. For example, an employer must be able to demonstrate that they cannot find a suitable candidate within the EU. Special types of workers are subject to less stringent requirements.
When a company or temporary employment agency hires a foreign national, the company or temporary employment agency must apply for a TWV and submit a copy of the worker’s ID along with the permit to the employer. Before employment begins, the employing company compares the copy with the employee’s original ID and keeps the copy in the company’s records.
As with most work permits, skilled immigrants (ie those who are highly educated and can contribute to the knowledge economy in the Netherlands) have a good chance of obtaining a work permit and being employed.
Depending on how long the foreigner will be employed in the Netherlands, one of two permits may be necessary. Foreign workers apply for GVVA for themselves, while employers only apply for TWV.
Conditions for work permits: An employer can only employ someone from outside the EEA and Switzerland in the following cases:
- The employer cannot find a suitable candidate from an EEA country or Switzerland;
- The vacancy has been open for at least five weeks or three months and is difficult to fill. The UWV decides whether a vacancy is difficult to fill.
- The employer has done everything possible to find a worker from the Netherlands, the EEA, or Switzerland.
Less stringent requirements: Although some groups of foreign workers require a GVVA or TWV, the application requirements can be less stringent for others. The persons covered by this rule include:
- Students who combine their studies with a job of no more than 16 hours a week;
- Trainees (on-the-job learning);
- Artists whose income is higher than a threshold amount;
- Asylum seekers who work up to 24 weeks over 52 weeks;
- Spiritual leaders, such as ministers, imams, and clerics;
- Nuns, monks, or missionaries
You can learn more about these and other categories of foreign workers on the UWV and IND websites.
Some Dutch multinationals: global companies such as KPMG, Phillips, Heineken, Unilever, KLM, ING, Elsevier and others were not only founded by Dutch people, but also have their headquarters in the Netherlands.
However, it is worth checking their website for vacancies that may provide work permits. Find some of them here:
- Heineken: See more on the careers page
- Unilever: See more on the careers page
- Phillips: See more on the careers page
- KLM: See more on the careers page
- ING: See more on the careers page
- Elsevier: Careers page here
- Douwe Egberts: careers page here
- FrieslandCampina: Careers page here
- SPAR: Careers page here
- Randstad Holding: Careers page here
- KPMG: Careers page here
About the Netherlands: The Netherlands, also known as the Netherlands, is a country in northwestern Europe with Amsterdam as its capital. The country is known for having the largest port in Europe, a competitive business climate and a well-educated workforce. The country is also famous for its flat landscape with canals, tulip fields, windmills and cycling routes that tourists find attractive.
The official language is Dutch and the country has a population of 17.5 million in 2022. Many consider the local business culture to be very flexible and innovative.
The Netherlands is Offering Work Visas To Foreigners and Companies Are Hiring
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to email@example.com
We are 100% more than hype.
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers
The Netherlands is Offering Work Visas To Foreigners and Companies Are Hiring