The OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program 2023 The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development financing organization established in 1976. Our 12 member states are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Applications are invited for:
Title: OPEC Fund for International Development Internship Program 2023
The OPEC Foundation offers an internship program that enables students from different academic backgrounds to gain experience working with an international organization.
The internship program lasts from three to six months and is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
Interns are placed in different departments/units according to their interests and qualifications and according to the needs of the department. The internship offers the opportunity to focus on one or more of the following: public functions; private sector and trade finance activities, financial operations, risk management; strategic planning and financial services, internal auditing; Human resources; management; Contact; LEGAL SERVICES; and it.
Tasks undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research;
- Writing documents;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
Applicants must be between 19 and 25 years of age and enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (having completed at least two years) or a master’s degree. Alternatively, applicants can be recent graduates who have graduated no more than one year before the application deadline.
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Candidates must submit:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
Successful applicants must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving that they will be fully covered medically for the duration of the program.
Due to the large number of applications, the OPEC Fund will only proceed with further correspondence with selected candidates.
Please keep in mind
- All applications must be in English;
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form.