The University of Lagos was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning. It is located in the urban and commercial city of Lagos, with the main campus in Akoka and its other campuses are at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL) Idi-Araba and Yaba. The University caters for both full-time and part-time students with an overall student population of over sixty thousand (regular and part-time at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It has a staff strength of over five thousand.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is a Principal Officer responsible for the day-to-day operations of the University and reports directly to the University’s Council. The Vice-Chancellor must pursue the realization of the University’s Vision and Mission.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to meet the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University and its alumni.
Schedule of Duties
The Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be generally responsible to the Council in maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of its statute, and regulations;
- Have the competence to advise the Council on any matter affecting the administration, finance and policy of the University;
- At management level, provide leadership in the relentless pursuit of excellence in all aspects of University life, including teaching, research and community service;
- Be responsible for discipline in the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to guidelines and procedures approved by Senate and to any law or policy at the time that is applicable to the University;
- Undertake any other duties that will promote the growth and development of the University in a conducive atmosphere.
The Eligible Candidates
An eligible candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos must be:
- An exemplary scholar with good quantum of publications in highly rated journals;
- A person with demonstrable capacity for original thinking and creativity;
- A Professor for at least 10 years, and not more than 65 years old on November 11, 2022;
- A person with astute managerial ability who can maintain the peace and academic stability for which the University is reputed;
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT) and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration;
- A person with a track record of teaching; research and community service;
- A person with entrepreneurial and innovative abilities with the capacity to create wealth for the sustainability of the University of our future in line with the vision and mission;
- A person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- A person with a clear vision for the development of the University in realisation of its mission to refocus research and innovation, infrastructural development and human resource allocation as expressed in the University Strategic Plan;
- Able to foster regional and international partnerships including securing opportunities with the local and International business community for the achievement of the University’s strategic goal;
- A person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning while reaching out to all persons without discrimination in any form of sound mental and physical health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character capable of inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students.
- The successful candidate shall hold office as Vice-Chancellor for a single term of five (5) years only from November 12, 2022 (date of resumption) on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by submitting twenty (20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing information as detailed here under:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Address; (a) Postal (b) E-mail (c) Mobile Telephone number(s)
- Marital Status, number and ages of children
- Name, Mobile Telephone number and E-mail of the Next of Kin
- Academic qualifications (degrees with classes-copies of certificates to be enclosed):
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Managerial experience
- Academic distinctions
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Scholarly publications (well referenced)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who should be able to attest to candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
All candidates should Click Here to complete the online application and print out. The printed online application form along with the hard copies of their applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor, UNILAG” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
5th Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos,
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 1000 words, his/her vision for the University in the next five years.
- The References should be submitted separately to the Registrar and Secretary to Council with the post being applied for indicated on the right hand side of the envelope.
- In the case of candidates nominated by the Search Team, the Curriculum Vitae complying with the same detail as set out above must be accomplished by a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate.
- All candidates must formally apply for the post irrespective of the process by which their interest was obtained.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to make themselves available for interaction with the Joint Council and Senate Selection Board.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He/She must demonstrate innovative abilities and drive in improving the financial status of the University.
- He/she must have sound knowledge and experience in banking, investment and budgetary procedures.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration, control of the financial affairs of the University and generation of resources for the implementation and sustenance of the University strategic goals as contained in the 25-Year Strategic Plan.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years on Wednesday, November 02, 2022.
- The successful candidate should be able to sustain and improve on the University Bursary’s established linkages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- In addition, the candidate must be a duly registered Fellow of recognized professional Accounting bodies, e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognised and acceptable professional accounting qualification.
- The candidates should have at least ten (10) years post-professional qualification(s).
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or comparable institution
- The successful candidates shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment which can be extended for another term of one (1) year only subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by appropriate University Statutes and the Governing Council of the University of Lagos.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and the conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with Twenty (20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name, Mobile telephone number and E-mail of the Next of Kin
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail and Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including Dates/Class and Institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties; if appointed.
All Applicants are expected to Click Here to complete the Online Application and print out. Candidates should also upload their credentials on the University portal.
The printed Online Application Form along with the hard copies of all applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR, UNILAG” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
5th Floor, Senate HOUSE,
University of Lagos,
- Vision: The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, growth and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- References: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, Applicants should request their referees to forward the references on their behalf directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, 5th Floor, Senate House, University of Lagos, Nigeria.
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Local and International Scholarships Federal, State and Private Organizations Recruitments: See Below
Jobs You May Like
Massive Employment at Enugu State Corporation – Click Here to Apply
Kwara State Civil Service Commission Job Recruitment – Click Here to Apply
Ongoing Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited – Click Here to Apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
What is a cover letter?
A cover letter is a one-page document that you submit with your resume to express your interest in a job opening. The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself to an employer and provide a brief overview of your work history, professional skills, and an explanation why you’re the best fit for that job.
While your resume focuses on your qualifications and achievements, your cover letter expands on those achievements, showcases your personality, and explains why you’d be a good fit for the company.
How to write a cover letter that gets you the job
Here’s how to make a great cover letter for a job application:
1. List your contact information (and the employer’s details)
Underneath your name in your cover letter header, list the following contact details:
- First and last name
- Email address (something professional, usually including your name)
- Phone number
- Mailing address (optional)
- Linkedin profile link (optional)
- Portfolio or website (optional)
After your header, include the date and following company contact information:
- First and last name of the person you’re writing to, or the relevant department
- Company address
- Company phone number
- Hiring manager’s email address
2. Address the hiring manager (ideally by their name)
Next, address your cover letter to the hiring manager by name if possible. A standard cover letter salutation includes the hiring manager’s first and last name, and begins with a “Mr.”, “Ms.”, or another relevant professional title.
3. Write an attention-getting opening paragraph
Start your cover letter with an informative, direct introduction by including the following details in the first one or two sentences:
- Job position: The title of the advertised position
- Company name: The name of the company you’re applying to
- How you discovered the opening: Whether you saw the job on LinkedIn, a job board, or were recommended to apply by a friend
- Intention to apply: An enthusiastic announcement that you’re applying for the open role and why you’re interested in or qualified for it
- Notable accomplishments: If you have relevant work experience, highlight one or two of your most notable achievements in your introduction to immediately grab the employer’s attention