Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR Officer will assist with the management and delivery of several HR initiatives under the project in Rivers.
- The HR Officer provides high level support to the HR, Business Lead across a broad range of HR functions and responsibilities. This position is based in Rivers State.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination of HR benchmarking activities, collation of data, accurate and timely submissions
- Keeps the HR, Business Lead informed about project status and issues that may impact HR service delivery or project outcomes
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions;
- Monitor, coordinate and provide guidance in the resolution of business-related problems with project staff and other subcontractors;
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme
- Manage project risk and escalate issues to the appropriate level when needed
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Lead the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks;
- Other ad hoc duties consistent with the position as requested by the HR, Business Lead.
- BS / BA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures and geography of the State.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
Job Title: State Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The State Finance and Operations Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the project on all tasks related to finance and operations.
- S/He will lead and provide direction to the finance department.
- Supervise and develop the capacity of staff such that they can provide consistent financial management support to the project teams.
- Ensure the team provides a full range of financial support with a particular focus on accurate, timely and sophisticated budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, financial monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure team is using standard approaches and best practices Provide strategic support and guidance to the project team in all areas related to project financial management.
- Ensure that appropriate reviews, controls, and strategies are in place and managed to provide alerts of potential problems and allow for corrective actions
- Oversee and/or perform the analysis of financial data with the goal of identifying trends or issues critical to inform Project Director and leadership’s management of projects and portfolios.
- Provide support to address any issues found and provide strategic guidance to prevent future issues.
- Working with project teams, lead any reporting exercises that apply to multiple projects, e.g., annual PEPFAR Analysis.
- Implement standard procedures and forms that promote and/or ensure program compliance with the project contract terms and conditions
- Review and approve cost share valuation.
- Support proposal development by overseeing or doing cost research, math checks or other activities as requested.
- Lead the annual work plan budgeting processes working with project and office leadership.
- Oversee the development of budgets and financial projections for all funding sources
- Work with project team to ensure budgets are reflective of planned activities, are feasible to implement, planned costs in compliance with donor regulations, and value for money.
- Oversee and/or perform the preparation of routine financial analysis and reporting, both for internal use and external reporting.
- A post-graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related fields relevant to the position requirements.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the administrative and financial management of large, complex projects of which at least eight (8) years were in the field of international development.
- Excellent Excel skills required (including data extraction, manipulation, pivoting, etc.)
- Proficiency in other accounting software
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to operate in a culturally diverse organization, and communicate to all levels within the organization
- High level of oral and written fluency in English required.
- Familiarity with compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations required.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Experience in the management of USG funded projects and a track record in developing and managing large budgets, analyzing spending against budget, and internal and external reporting is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title (HR Officer)” as the subject of the email.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 22th October, 2020.