Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename: United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baggage Handler
Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Asaba
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Station Manager
- The Baggage Handlers will be in charge of baggage, cargo and mails.
- The Baggage handlers reports to the station manager and is assigned the responsibility of exercising efficient and effective handling of all the baggage, cargo and mails on all United Nigeria flights.
- Supervising and coordinating all baggage, cargo and mails at the station.
- Receiving all checked – in baggage at the check -in counter
- Send and sort out of checked -in baggage into the baggage trolleys
- Ensure movement out of the baggage to the aircraft for loading after due identification by the respective Bonafede passenger.
- Report any suspected Dangerous Goods in any passenger baggage
- Make sure the excess baggage charge corresponds to the weight
- Ensure baggage are tracked and processed on flights they are check-in for
- Ensure correct baggage tagging / labeling.
- Report and bring to notice of the passenger discrepancies as per baggage condition and weight.
- The movement of arrival baggage from the aircraft to baggage hall for passenger identification.
- Supervise baggage services such as Lost & Found
- Being vigilant at assigned location / duty post
- Pay attention to baggage questioning to passenger
- Handle passenger baggage with care, not to drag or throw baggage
Education & Physical Requirements
- OND / ND / WAEC.
- Must be comfortable to work under pressure.
- One or two years’ experience as a Baggage Handler.
- Must be strong and energetic.
- Ability to work late hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (indicating location) and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to [email protected]
We are 100% more than the hype.😊