USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2023-2024 USIP’s Peace Scholar Fellowship program issues a non-residential fellowships awards to PhD candidates enrolled in U.S.
This program is in partnership with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships that relates with topics on peace and security studies. Currently, the program is awarding up to 18 scholarships every year, and awards support to both research and writing stages of work on thesis / dissertations.
Applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups in the fields of international relations, peace and conflict studies, security studies, and other related academic disciplines, as well as diplomacy and policy development international are strongly encouraged.
USIP is seeking applications from interested Ph.D. candidates with high-quality, relevant policy research that will broaden understanding about peacebuilding, conflict management and other applicable security-related studies. USIP strongly prefers applications that are closely related to the USIP Issue Areas and/or those research priorities of the Minerva Research Initiative.
Special consideration will be given to proposed research in the following areas*
- Strategic rivalry
- Violence and extremism in fragile states
- Global shocks
- American peacebuilding
*See the USIP FY’23 Congressional Budget Justification for more information about the Institute’s key priorities and initiatives.
Registration and Application Process
Applying for the Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is a two-step process.
REGISTRATION: All applicants must register for this competition even if you have registered previously for another USIP competition. Register for an account here
APPLICATION: After completing the registration, applicants must prepare and submit a complete application. Further instructions on completing the application are included in USIP’s online application system FLUXX USIP does not provide status updates on submitted applications at any time.
Applications will be selected based on the strength of the proposed research and its potential to make original contributions to the field by addressing one of the major research initiatives or priorities identified in the links above.
Applications that are not relevant to the priorities or issue areas of USIP or the Minerva Research Initiative will not be considered for the competition.
Peace Scholar Fellowship Details
USIP funds up to 18 peace researchers for a 10-month non-resident fellowship. Peace Scholars receive grants of up to $20,000 for the academic year, paid directly to the individual in three installments. Peace Scholarships cannot be deferred.
Peace specialists must attend an annual workshop. When their thesis is completed and approved by their committee, the peace scholar must submit a copy to USIP at PeaceScholarFellows@usip.org
For more information, see the Peace Scholar Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Please direct questions about usage of USIP’s online application system to PeaceScholarFellows@usip.org
- A confirmation of your eligibility, must be a Ph.D. candidate
- Your personal and contact information
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional links to publications
For more information, visit USIP
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to email@example.com
We are 100% more than hype.
USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2023-2024
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers