The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Program Assistant- Monitoring and Evaluation / Program Coordination
Employment Type: Full-time
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire a Program Assistant – Monitoring and Evaluation who will assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Team in the Abuja office.
- The program assistant will support the monitoring and evaluation team in the day-to-day activities and in the planning, designing and implementation of all NDI Nigeria programs. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, maintain the program’s logical framework up to date with staff input;
- Draft sections of internal and external program reports, activity reports, documentcase studies, lessons learned, and success stories.
- Under close supervision contributes to writing and reporting of various documents specific to the NDI Nigeria program
- Assist in the development and management of performancemonitoringplans, including performance indicators, in cooperation with supervisor and other senior staff;
- Assist in the collection of qualitative and quantitative data using various methods (surveys, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, direct observation, or participatory methods);
- Design data collection tools and protocols and train staff and other relevant program stakeholders to contribute to the collection of quality data;
- Assist to develop and maintain a data management system;
- Compile and analyze qualitative and/or quantitative program data, including visual representations of data;
- Assist in organizing participatory sessions to assist program staff in identifying and highlighting achievements of program objectives and outcomes; and
- Under close supervision provides administrative and logistics support
- Provides administrative support for work plan formulation; takes part in work plan discussion.
- Assisting in the preparation for a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) by external evaluators.
- Attends program coordination meeting and keeps up to date on latest information on partners
- Participates in program support and conducts research on programs
- Perform other tasks assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field; graduate degree preferred.
- 2 – 5 years experience.
- Demonstrated coursework and/or internships in international development, community organizing, political campaigning, organizational development, legislative affairs or related subject.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and NGO community.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of computer software programmes including Ms Office, SPSS/MaxQDA etc.
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, which are often remote and difficult to reach.
- Interest in and knowledge of regional political environment and people.
- Ability to effectively articulate NDI mission statements and program/project initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
- The program assistant works with NDI’s Abuja and Washington-based regional staff.
- This position reports to the Senior M&E/Program Coordination Officer with NDI’s Deputy Country Director, Programs providing overall program guidance.
Job Title: IT & Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Security and Logistics Manager and the Communications Officer.
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire an IT and Administrative Assistant who will join its Security & Logistics Team based in Abuja.
- The IT and Administrative Assistant will establish and maintain a well-functioning IT support operation for the NDI-Nigeria Office. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, provide day-to-day IT and Administrative support to staff.
- Daily administering and maintaining the office network.
- Providing help desk support to all staff.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology
- Providing daily assistance on the usage of Microsoft Office Suite to all staff.
- Regularly updating staff antivirus software.
- Trouble shooting all faulty IT equipment (hardware and software) such as laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Ensuring that the internet connectivity is up and running at all times with little or no down time.
- Assist new staff to activate NDI gmail account.
- Keep a log of all IT problems and solutions provided.
- Replacing used/finished toner cartridges in all the printers and copiers with new ones.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning IT support operation for the Nigeria office.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subjects, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working on technology; preferably in international development.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal written and via online mediums (such as IM)
- Ability to provide technical advice on IT usage to partners in various cultural environments
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications;
- Experience with the Google Apps suite (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) is strongly desired.
Job Title: Driver
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Security and Logistics Manager
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire a Driver who will join its Security & Logistics Team based in Abuja.
- The Driver will be responsible for driving NDI project vehicles in Nigeria, wherever it is safe to operate in accordance with safety standards and driving laws of the Country and NDI policies. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, provide logistics and driving support to the entire NDI staff.
- Drive staff, consultants and guests to various destinations within and outside Abuja under the direct supervision of the Head Driver.
- Provide guidance on appropriate departure time to meetings and shortest route destinations.
- Drive guest to and fro hotels, residence and airport helping them load and unload as necessary;
- Drive safely and responsibly at all times, never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Maintains vehicle logbook, accounting for all mileage and fuel consumption/costs.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are in good mechanical order and completes and submits weekly log sheets to support this.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned NDI vehicles are roadworthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Reports and arranges any repairs and replacements immediately to the Security and Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that vehicles under their care are secured from loss and damage.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Deliver mails to partner organizations or donor agencies in Abuja.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Secondary School Education.
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Adequate knowledge of traffic laws.
- Have a valid and clean driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Abuja/Nigerian road network.
- Language Requirements: English.
- Salary is commensurate with NDI Nigeria salary scale.
- Benefits and a housing allowance are provided.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and a CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of mail
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 8th January, 2021.