The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Malaria Program Volunteer
Reference No.: R418
Employment Type: Part-time
Main Purpose of Job
- The Malaria Program Volunteer will be supervised by and report to the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor (SMTA). The responsibilities will include supporting the PMI-S Technical Team in its daily operations such as planning, implementation and coordination of technical support and assistance to the key stakeholder – NMEP while supporting to conduct activities and interventions by the technical team within the PMI-S task orders.
- The Volunteer will therefore provide assistance and direct support to the SMTA, the Senior Private Sector & Systems Advisor (SPSSA) and the Senior Malaria Program Officer (SMPO) in the overall performance of their roles and technical functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support and assistance to the SMTA, SPSSA and the SMPO in the day-to-day performance of their technical roles across the PMI-S Task Orders
- Contribute to preparation of project reports, documentation of good practices, and technical publications.
- Contribute to visibility of PMI for States Project work through innovative presentation of project approaches and results.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- A first Degree in a Health field, related discipline, or equivalent training.
- At least 3 years’ experience (Post-NYSC) in health program management preferably Malaria program.
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise and experience with ability to provide such support when required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview