Traders of Africa is an e-commerce marketplace focused on driving intra-African trade as well as trade between Africa and the world through technology. We deal in various Agro-commodities and other products such as grains, pulses, seeds, nuts, spices, fruits, and much more. Our field of operation is global, with our head office based in Nigeria. With an emphasis on service and quality, we stimulate our employees to learn and develop themselves and offer them every opportunity to do so.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agro-commodities Sourcing Executive
Employment Type: Full time
- Are you an Agricultural professional, with at least 2 years in sourcing for agro-commodities internationally and locally willing to join us in driving intra-African trade?
- Are you conversant with FMCG best practices in procurement and possess a way range of network among farmers and off-takers of Agribusiness?
- As an Agro commodities sourcing Agent, you will be working in a highly commercial, dynamic, and multilingual environment.
- You will be responsible for managing the existing portfolio of certain suppliers and customers, as well as identifying new businesses to increase sales in Africa.
- You will be responsible for keeping track of offers, relationship management with customers and suppliers, as well as for negotiating prices, payment, and delivery terms. You will work on successfully closing and delivering deals.
- You will report directly to the Head, Source pro of the company.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Agriculture
- 2 years experience as an Agro-commodities sourcing agent
- You should be fluent in English; It is a plus to speak/understand other languages: Hausa, Yoruba, French, etc.
- You are able to set priorities and work on more than one task simultaneously;
- You are a self-starter and enjoy working with targets-meeting up targets set.
- You should have good mathematical skills and excellent communication skills;
- You should have a Nigerian Passport
- You must be creative and innovative
- You must have an analytical mindset.
- You must be flexible and have a commercial attitude;
- You must have a strong interpersonal skill: confident, charismatic, and proactive;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 27th October, 2020.