Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Facility / Maintenance Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Assistant Facility / Maintenance Manager will assist the Facility/Maintenance Manager in the Department.
- Opening and closing of Facilities and monitoring of facility useage.
- Writes report, investigate incidents, supervises Maintenance staff and undertakes any other duty as directed by the Facility / Maintenance Manager.
- Above all, every staff of JMC is a role model for every student.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness in the school.
- Light maintenance responsibility and moving of equipment.
Requirements / Qualifications
- B.Sc / B.A / B.Eng, HND in the fields of Engineering, Management, etc.
- Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Facility Management, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Any experience relating to Facility Management and safety is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Good command of English Language,
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, CV, scanned copies of their credentials to the “Human Resources Manager” via: [email protected] and cc to the “Principal” via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwudo Road, Mbodo Aluu,
Port Harcourt-Rivers State.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 20th October, 2020.