Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West
Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with one center in Abuja, Lagos, and Anambra.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team within the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting to: Clinical Lead / MD
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- o Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of
generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them
o Careful strategic planning and positioning of Synapse in the healthcare
market, enhancing the operation of the business, while Identifying new
business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and business growth.
o Develop and execute quarterly marketing plans and actions that ensure established targets are achieved.
o Collaborates with internal physicians and team leads to develop strategic initiatives that drive new business. Works closely with the internal physicians and clinical staff to help resolve barriers for admissions and / or business opportunities.
o Supports the pre-admissions function to assure that the rehabilitation hospital is responsive to the needs of the referring hospital, referral sources and patients.
o Builds relationships with referring physicians, case managers, therapists,
administrators and nurses to increase awareness of services and promote business opportunities.
o Maintains database of key referral sources.
- ° Be involved in generating relevant partnership proposals with support from the clinical team
- o Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market’s needs.
o Develop and implement community workshops and seminars, with a bid to grow business.
o Conduct marketing research and analyses to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace.
o Be a lead in expanding our services nationwide.
o Ensure business/sales targets are met by the team
- o Increase Synapse Bed Occupancy.
o Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets,
growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
o Generate leads and cold call prospective customers while:
o Thinking strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and
objectives in order to develop and improve the business
o Working strategically – carrying out necessary planning and
implementation to sign off businesses
o Draw up business proposals and client contracts, strategically aimed at new customer acquisition
o Develop short and long-term management and organizational plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives.
- o Assist in managing existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and
o Provide support that will continually improve the existing relationship;
o Make recommendations to Management on services that meet, predict and
mirrors current clients’ future needs;
o Ensure the continuous refinement of the service rendered by the Facility.
- o Minimum of a Master’s degree preferably in Marketing or any Health-related course
o 5 years Post NYSC experience.
o Evidence that you have worked in a corporate environment
o Minimum of 3 – 5 years working experience as a Business Development
o Emotionally mature and a team player
o Evidence that you have managed a team of people.
- o Effectively work with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel
o Excellent presentation and communication skills
o Attention to detail i.e. the ability to produce high-quality proposals and
reports with minimum supervision
o Excellent negotiation skills
o Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage
o Be social media savvy
o Excellent Business Development and Relationship Management skills
o Experience in managing external client relations
o Experience in developing and converting business opportunities
o Experience in contributing towards strategic planning
o Ability to lead, manage, and motivate staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV
to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title – location e.g “Business
Development Manager- Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2020