Federal Palace Hotel is an opulent and luxurious 5-star hotel in Lagos, Sun International’s Federal Palace is conveniently located in the heart of Victoria Island’s commercial district. Catering for the corporate traveller, guests can expect excellent service and facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Manager
Code / Reference: N/A11147
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Unit: Federal Palace
- The Financial Manager will report to the General Manager: Federal Palace will be responsible for the effective leadership and overall management of the finance function for the business unit including financial control processes, commercial advice, reporting and finance team management with specific regard to achieving business profitability, cost-effectiveness and improving financial operational standards, in line with Company standards, gaming regulations and legislation.
- Registration as a Chartered Accountant.
- At least 10 years experience in a general financial position, ideally in a listed group
- Knowledge of the Nigerian statutory requirements will be an added advantage
- Strong technical knowledge including IFRS requirements
- Experience working with accounting packages, preferably Accpac
- Experience in a hospitality/casino environment an advantage
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong work ethics
- Reviewing / evaluating (feasibility / compliance / alternatives)
- Results orientation
- Developing relationships
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic perspective
- Strong tax abilities
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to operate in a foreign cultural environment
- Previous expatriate experience an advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop a good understanding of the unit operations on an accounting and control environment level
- Compilation of board and other statutory reports including listed company reporting
- Support the delivery of business and financial strategic plans and objectives
- Identify and implement various revenue/cost-saving opportunities within the unit
- Ensure honesty and integrity in dealings at all times
- Ensure compliance to the companys systems, procedures and controls
- Contracts management/Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Ongoing leadership and improvement of the performance of the Finance department.
- Responsible for financial governance and controls
- Regular reviews of unit financial results to identify areas for improvement
- Close liaison with Internal and External Auditors, Bankers, Lawyers and other professional service providers
- Manage instructions/policy changes directed by General Manager and/or CFO of Sun International
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2020.