Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Sector Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Experience: Manager / Supervisor
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Area Manager
- Provide technical lead and guidance in the implementation of FSL activities of the program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for kitchen garden, farmers field school and other agricultural activities related components of the program in collaboration with the SPM and technical guidance of the FSL Head of Department.
- Evaluate and update project needs (HR, financing, logistics).
- Elaborate appropriate questionnaires and apply the follow-up and supervision tools of the project
- Identify and inform the SPM of any problems or constraints.
- Ensure follow-up of the project’s progress and write suitable reports.
- Propose solutions and improvements concerning the project’s progress.
- Coordinate activities and sensitize local partners in the field.
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for Cash based Transfer, Social Protection activities in collaboration with the SPM and guidance from the FSL technical team.
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies for economic strengthening of the income generation activities of the households in collaboration SPM and guidance from the FSL technical team.
- Compile monthly FSL program technical reports with an overview of activities of the program, contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to SPM for consolidation.
- Track and report technical activities on FSL activities area of the program.
Tasks ad Responsibilities:
- Review reports and gauge program progress against logical framework, ensuring compliance with AAH internal and donor’s reporting standards.
- Assist the SPM in reviewing FSL program budget and then follow up with support departments to ensure adherence to work plan.
- Ensure that all program-related data and information on FSL activities area of the program is correct, updated, organized and accessible to the country program, HQ and other key stakeholders, and that lessons learnt and best practice are documented.
- Facilitate and support systematic monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Support development of activities progress reports for the program team as well as contribute to the development of donor reports.
- Review with SPM all procurement requests for FSL activities area of the program component before submission to the logistics department.
- Support in follow up on logistics requirements in coordination with the procurement officer and Log manager.
- Manage the FSL project’s team
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Organize and supervise the work of the team to optimize the capacity of each team member.
- Take part actively in the recruitment and the training of staff, in cooperation with the SPM.
- Lead and support the Evaluation (performance appraisal) of FSL staff and ensure that all staff have planned and completed PAs, recommendations for capacity building and career development milestones.
- Performance Management
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with HR for necessary staff meeting, performance review and appraisals.
- Communicate Action Against Hunger performance standards and expectations to team members which includes 10 minutes monthly conversation, 3 months /end of probation performance appraisal and annual / end of contract appraisal.
- Establish performance objectives, provide feedback, and identify strength and area of professional improvement.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members by providing support.
- Degree in FSL related studies e.g. agriculture, social sciences, peace building, business, economics or other related field, etc.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in implementing food security and livelihood projects.
- Experience in managerial position.
- Capacity to supervise a team.
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural production systems.
- Good knowledge of implementing projects in insecure contexts.
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel and Microsoft outlook).
- Experience in social protection, Cash for Work, Income Generating Activities and other livelihood programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with AAH.
- Previous development programming experience.
- Capacity to write high quality reports.
- Previous team management and activity planning experience.
Minimum Basic Salary
- NGN308,589 per Month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- * We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 12th October, 2020.