The National Defence College Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Provost
Location: Garki, Abuja (FCT)
- The preferred candidate for the post of College Provost should possess a good University education from a recognized University.
- He/she must be a proven academic scholar with the ability to manage human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to fulfill the following conditions:
- Candidate must either be a retired Vice Chancellor or a retired Ambassador or a retired 2-Star General
- Be a highly distinguished scholar with a Ph.D Degree and not less than ten (10) years working experience in a similar Research Centre or University. He/she should have the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the Centre.
- Be able to command the respect of the national and international academia communities through his/her track records.
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local and international governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- The prospective candidate must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the working systems of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, and be conversant with the mode of operations of the United Nations, the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States.
- He/she should also demonstrate the ability to advance the purpose of establishing the Centre.
- Possess a clear vision for the development of the Centre and the realization of its mission.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to strengthen the relationship between civilian academic staff, the military, members of the College community and the College stakeholders.
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the Centre.
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The College Provost shall hold office for a single term of 4 years and not renewable.
- The remunerations and terms and conditions of service would be specified in the letter of appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and submit all Applications listed below under to:
National Defence College,
Herbert Macaulay Way (North) Central Business District,
PMB 323 Garki,
- Each application should be made in 5 (five) copies and be accompanied by five (5) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae / Resume duly signed and dated by the applicant.
- The curriculum vitae must contain details of candidate’s names in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements including publications.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee is to forward a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked “College Provost Referee’s Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelope to the Commandant.
- All applications should be marked “Post of College Provost” at the top left hand corner of their sealed envelope.
- Candidates should please note that only those who are shortlisted will be contacted for further action
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021; (1400Hrs)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters
Are you tired of applying for lots of job openings and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you seek!
Getting your dream job begins with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your resume/ Cv gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story with the use of specific ATS keywords for your industry that will communicate your skills, expertise and ability to employers in a unique and professional manner, winning you more job interviews.
Most of our clients have attested to getting up to 3 interviews in a week after our professional CV revamp, and the use of our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile optimization services.
* Creative and Professional CV services
* Creative and cover letter services
* Professional LinkedIn profile optimization services.
You can purchase any of these services when you click on the link below
Send a mail to email@example.com
We are 100% more than the hype.😊❤️