The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Marketing Specialist – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-057
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 1517 10
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/5. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: 50% or less (The incumbent travels within Nigeria, surrounding countries and the United States for training, marketing activities, and trade mission support).
- The incumbent is responsible for representing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) in Nigeria including regional coverage of Benin and Cameroon.
- S/he facilitates linkages between U.S. exporters and Nigeria importers, identifies marketing practices to increase trade opportunities, and resolves market access issues affecting U.S. agricultural products.
- Develops and maintains a broad range of industry and government stakeholder contacts (working-to-mid levels) to gain cooperation on substantive agricultural matters.
- Analyzes and drafts reports on agricultural commodities, market developments, and market policy.
- Implements and evaluates various planned projects and activities, including market promotional and trade development programs.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three years of work experience required in one or more fields of agricultural economics, agricultural/product marketing, agricultural policy, business/project management, and marketing analysis/research that includes significant analysis and report writing.
- Good knowledge of Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) goals, programs, reporting requirements and procedures, and of U.S. agricultural polices and trading practices.
- Thorough knowledge of agricultural practices, market conditions, and government policies in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Nigeria structure and responsibilities of various Ministries and offices, congressional and National Assembly processes as it relates to economic, trade and agricultural policy matters is required.
- Good understanding of international agreements relating to agricultural policy and agricultural economic supply/demand theories and concepts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Food and Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture, Agribusiness, or International Trade is required
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent reading/writing/speaking of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to draft detailed, complex reports on markets and trade policy, as needed.
- Must have excellent time management skills to cope with the diversity of work and deadlines,
- Ability to work effectively with government, public, and private individuals to obtain information and resolve trade issues is required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
- Ability to use software for reporting purposes.
- Must be familiar with agricultural production, global agricultural trade concepts, general marketing strategies, and economic supply/demand concepts.
- Required to analyze statistical data and maintain data sets for accurate commodity and trade reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 12,772,559 (USD $53,596)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position, click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Vet
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000 ; [email protected]
Application Deadline 17th May, 2021
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters