Asset and Equity Group – We are a Team of multi-talented and dedicated professionals grounded in the basic principles of excellent promise delivery, customer centric, team work, integrity, responsible citizenry and respect for individuals. We focus on cultivating and maintaining relationships as our core values are Probity, Competence and Finessewith over14 Yearsof outstanding results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
- A Company secretary is required to provide guidance to company directors about how the organisations should be directed, managed or controlled.
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondence and so on)
- Providing support to the board or other committees on specific projects
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation
- Writing reports
- Collating information.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Providing legal, financial and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings
- Training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organisation
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved
Qualifications and Training Required
- Minimum of 3years of experience (Post-NYSC)as Company Secretary.
- A degree in law.
- Relevant qualification or being chartered is an advantage.
- Membership of social clubs.
- Relations in Government.
- Regulatory knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years experience (Post-NYSC)in Litigation.
- Minimum of 2 years experience (Post-NYSC)in Financial Services.
- Minimum of 2 of experience (Post-NYSC) in Real Estate.
- Strong administrative skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation and time management
- The ability to take the initiative
- A flexible and practical approach to work
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 27th February, 2021