Caret is a full-service customer experience company that supports high growth companies in providing exceptional experiences to maintain high customer satisfaction with their products and services. We do this by sourcing, upskilling and managing highly talented people to handle support needs for our clients.
We provide five core customer support services for our clients: (1) audits, (2) documentation, (3) training, (4) hiring and onboarding, and (5) outsourcing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Support Representative
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for problem solvers who are genuinely excited about helping people get unstuck.
- Our ideal candidate is curious, empathetic and detail oriented.
- You are a great communicator, proactive and responsive.
- You can troubleshoot and investigate how to address a problem, and you go beyond what customers ask for to identify what they actually need.
- You strive for excellence in all you do, and you understand the value of responding in a timely and efficient manner to customer requests in a way that maintains high customer satisfaction.
A day in this role
A typical day for you in this role looks like:
- Managing inbound email requests from customers in a prompt and professional manner
- Identifying and assessing customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Escalating complex requests through appropriate channels
- Following up with customers to ensure resolution
- Occasionally calling customers to resolve issues quicker (in the event of prolonged emails back and forths)
- Keeping records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Ultimately, we are looking for people who don’t just respond quickly to requests, but solve problems to make our customers’ experience of our products better.
What you should have / be able to do
In this role, you will be dealing with at least 50 tickets everyday. These are a combination of inquiries, requests and complaints from eager, sometimes impatient and disgruntled customers. We expect you would be able to respond to these messages in a calm and welcoming manner at all times. You should also have:
- Excellent writing, speaking, comprehension and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A working laptop that you know how to use dexterously
- Familiarity with Google Suite
- Bonus if you are familiar with tools like Zendesk (or other CRM systems and practices)
- Empathy and patience
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership and initiative
- A passion for building amazing products and user experiences
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- A university degree or prior experience in customer support roles
What You Can Expect in the Hiring Process
- Step 1: Application form and aptitude test.
- Step 2: Intro call. Let’s learn more about you, share what we do, and answer any lingering questions on your mind.
- Step 3: Take home assignment. Get to flex your skills by showing what you can do in a series of short exercises.
- Step 4: Video task. Successful candidates will record a quick 3 min video and answer simple questions.
- Step 5: Real-time assignment. Successful candidates will be required to write an essay ‘in-person’ to gauge their writing. (we can do this on zoom but it should be live writing)
- Step 6: Getting to know your team. Chat with potential teammates about what it’s like to work in this role, and also discuss some of the technical requirements.
- Step 7: Offer stage and hiring wrap-up. You’ll speak directly with the hiring manager to wrap up your applicant journey.
Our Tentative Hiring Timeline:
- 18th Dec 2020: Applications open
- 28th Dec 2020: Applications close
- 4th Jan 2021: Hiring process activated – all applicants contacted with next steps
- 15th Jan 2021: Offers extended
- 18th Jan 2021: Welcome to your new role!
Compensation and Benefits
- Expected salary: N80,000 – 100,000 naira
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
- Monthly data stipend
- Co-working space access
- Continuous learning and development initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 28th December, 2020.