AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Controller
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Employment Type: Full time
The key purpose of this role is to manage Distribution performance and activities in order to surpass delivery challenges and meet customer requirements whilst ensuring optimal utilization of company resources.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct bi-annual Customer service evaluation and analyze customer feedback with actions
- Plan and manage trade visits and drive compliance
- Manage Full beer return process
- Safety monitoring and critical behavior enforcement
- Manage 3PL contractors and drive performance improvement
- Manage supply chain transfers and ensure adherence to plan
- Review all SLA and attend SLA meeting to action non-compliance with all stakeholder
- Lead departmental weekly performance meeting addressing previous week trends and proffering sustainable plan for the new week
- Lead departmental DPO (Distribution Process Optimization) implementation
- Lead departmental project and negotiate contractor cost to the best economical price
- Review department machine and man resources
- Manage own and Team Development and Performance
- Lead your team and prepare a strategic plan for the financial year with insights for inclusion in the Depot Business Plan
- Review Master Data – Business descriptions – Process Mapping – Service Level Management – Routing Planning and Planning SLA’s – High Volume etc.
- Develop departmental annual budget (Fixed and Variables) and manage cost through-out the year
- Set, Cascade Team & Individual goals
- Develop Peak sizing and Planning for all critical periods
- Manage Customer and Driver master data
- Beer age issues taken up with sales in an action plan
- Prepare and analyze contractor payment
- Manage departmental Cost to achieve budget
- Business plan is developed and aligned to the Sales and Distribution strategy
- Distribution team goals are supportive of Depot business plan
- Delivery fleet size and mix calculated to ensure optimum cost and customer service effectiveness and delivery within the Distribution area
- Fleet utilization is optimized through the effective use of own vs. contracted transport and effective route planning
- Vehicle contingency plans exist for the replacement of contracted vehicles and drivers
- Delivery fleet and drivers consistently comply with the statutory requirements
- Maintain Fleet
- Interpret and implement delivery schedules
- Assure product quality
- Analyze and respond to distribution performance measures
- Optimize marketplace competitiveness
- Leverage information systems
- Conduct administration
- Manage budget process
- Control departmental costs
- Manage CAPIN budget process
- Develop employees
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate
- Manage and apply personnel processes
- Manage own performance
- Manage performance of direct reports
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
- Dependable: Consistently following through
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment.
- Minimum of B.Sc./ B. Tech/HND in a related field
- 5 Years’ experience in logistics and supply chain management
- Computer Literate
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong and assertive
- Compliance driven
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview