British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Job Number: 33350
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Reports to: Electrical Maintenance Lead
Geographic Scope: Ibadan
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible to own and drive root cause analysis within a team of Equipment Owners/Operating teams for an Operating Line, Lines, or Operation.
- The Electrical Technician by his role supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He is responsible, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner at ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed. 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. Individual is member of Operating (Autonomous) Team.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale
- Flow to the work as needed to meet the business need
- Collaborate across lines and cell with other technicians as required to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Participate in Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS (Daily Direction Setting) DMS (Daily Management system)
- Participate in monthly performance review with Shift team lead and quarterly review with Line lead using scorecard/PAP (Personal Action Plan)
- Participate in monthly/quarterly department team meetings/briefings
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution
- Support resources to align with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Familiarize and align with all applicable and relevant business processes, procedure and policies
- Ensures that defects are found and fixed daily on assigned equipment, most especially around high loss areas
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Key driver for analysing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks.
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support
- Operating teams through the IWS (Integrated Work System) Phase Journey.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of PLC and Siemens S7.
- Ability to develop and effectively mentor and train other technicians/ new joiners.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Continuous improvement attitude.
- Availability to work in shifts.
- Minimum of 3 years of “hands on” experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Academic background (Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma or Higher National Diploma) in Electrical Engineering
- NYSC Completed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters