Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We’re looking for an experienced International Sales Manager to build and lead our sales teams across Africa. Reporting to the Director of Bolt for Business, you’ll be responsible for implementing the strategies and growth of all our African markets.
- Bolt for Business is growing fast, our product is evolving rapidly and our sales teams are ready to evolve and scale. We’re looking for a driven individual, with experience of rapidly building, coaching and developing sales teams across multiple countries. We don’t just want to build teams, we want to maximise teams and drive multi-million Euro growth – so we need a superstar who’s been there and done it, who doesn’t mind getting hands on with big deal sales and who will build and drive the sales machine we need.
- You’ll need to be a multi-tasker, a seasoned international manager and know how to get a sales organisation to deliver results fast. We’re moving quick and this is a new and exciting role, one with huge scope for growth and impact – if you’ve a history international sales growth, specifically in managing teams selling business services into SME / large businesses – then let’s talk.
- Let’s build the future of business transportation together!
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing sales performance across several African markets
- Recruiting and building sales teams in all African markets
- Training, coaching and improving local sales teams, including performance management where needed
- Executing the Director of Bolt for Business’ strategies and growth plans
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Give market feedback to the product team & director regarding Bolt for Business solutions
- Oversee and own the sales complete African sales pipeline
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Establishing strategic partnerships in line with the B4B Director’s vision
- Closing large local and international sales deals
- Working and closing large customer deals, particularly international ones
- Proactively create solutions and improvements in sales execution in your region
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets for the African region
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- BS / MS degree in Business Administration or a related field
- At least 10 years of successful previous experience in sales, consistently exceeding targets, with at least 5+ years in a sales manager/director role and 2+ years experience heading up sales teams in several different countries at once.
- Relentless drive to achieve results, strong-willed, motivating and cool under pressure.
- Experience of using CRM tools to steward and monitor team performance and drive improvements – Pipedrive experience would be an added bonus
- Experience working in a very quick moving well-funded scale-up would be advantageous.
- Someone who gets hands-on and is excited to get involved in closing big deals and building strategic partnerships.
- Experience recruiting, growing and coaching teams to deliver top level sales performance
- Proven capability to lead and deliver fast and significant multi-million Euro growth, through sales teams
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven ability to manage sales teams in several diverse countries and deliver significant growth
- Industry expertise, particularly in selling service products directly into SME and large businesses
- Motivating compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply