The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Job Identification: 2264
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities:
- The purpose of the HR Officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic Responsibilities (maximum 10):
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly:
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Implementing with line managers HR planning strategies that consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labour laws with NRC’s HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, Pension Office, Medical insurance company, etc
- Maintain and keep records of all NRC staff timesheet for the Area Office
- Payslip preparation for NRC staff
- Leave administration for area north office
- Any other duty that will be assigned to the position
- Responsible for implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the NRC people Solution
- Ensure that all recruitments at the Area Level are followed up from start till finish
- Support staff with the tools & procedures for performance management
- responsible for ensuring compliance with Timesheet, Payslips
- Take the lead in vacancy announcements and longlisting of requested positions according to the approved organogram
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Drafting and management of all Incentive staff contract for the area office
- Providing recruitment support to HR field staff as the need arise
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of NRC staff
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- AM, Programme Unit, Support Unit at area level
- HR Manager and Coordinator at country level
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Three (3) years’ experience from working as a HR or Admin, from an Officer level and in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Work experience in the Northeast is a plus.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in relevant field
- Knowledge of the context in (North East)
- Knowledge of the local language (Kanuri & Hausa) – will be an added advantage
- Good communication & interpersonal skills is required
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Labor Law
Behavioral Competencies (maximum 6):
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term / End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th July, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Deroundtable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Deroundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Deroundtable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters