Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North-Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Administrator Assistant
Location: Gusau Zamfara,
Employment Type: Full-time
- At his/her assigned base level, the log-admin assistant supports his/her line-manager in processing accounting operations, following-up Human Resources issues, implementing and supervising all logistical activities.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving of official and/or internal documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the line-manager in his/her absence
List of Main Tasks
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin/log services in case of absence
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Evaluate the team members under his or her supervision
- Prepare shift planning for watchmen
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Support his/her line-manager in relations with local administrative authorities
Activities Related To Administration:
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the field Coordinator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the Human resources management software (Homère)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the field Coordinator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or Head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the field Coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
Activities Related to Logistics:
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and supplier databases
- Control Solidarités International purchase procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport: way-bills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Prepare and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Organize the weekly movement of vehicles
- Ensure that a toolbox and emergency kit are available onboard all vehicles and ensure drivers check the kit is always complete
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of Equipment / Telecommunications:
- Assist in the planning and execution of service work on generators/motor pumps
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Stock:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories
- Ensure/Supervise the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse)
- Resident of Zamfara State (position not open to delocalization)
- Familiarity with electronic databases.
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa ability to read and write.
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Minimum of one-year experience as Log/admin or in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Select Log / Admin Assistant – Gusau Base, Zamfara State, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Hard copy applications will also be received in our Solidarites Intenational Gusau Office at Karma Guess – Gusau not later than Tuesday 22nd December 2020!
- As the position is required as soon as possible
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview