Asharami Synergy is an Oil & Gas company in the downstream sector with operations across West Africa. Our mission is “To create a sustainable business centered on adding value in the oil & gas sector by redefining the downstream supply chain.
We have a vibrant culture that embraces and cultivates unconventional and innovative thinking. We place a high premium on teamwork and encourage our people to continually strive for excellence, with emphasis on organic growth and self-improvement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lubes Technical Services Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- The position holder is responsible for ensuring specification and production of Asha Lubes products are of top-notch quality and meet the standard requirements acceptable in the industry.
- Candidate’s product development responsibilities span across accurate product formulation, product costing and associated procurement activities.
- Responsibilities also include and are not limited to technical support to the sales team, resolution of customer complaints on technical matters, liaison with vendors, laboratory and blending plant agents, regulatory bodies etc
- Review all technical and product data sheets of additives, base oils and other specialist chemicals for the formulation and / or production of lubricants.
- Prepare and update products data sheets for all the products in the organisation’s portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain strategic stock of all additives and base stocks.
- Define and implement short and long-term tactical operations plans that align with the business unit franchises.
- Create, edit and implement company policies pertaining to the department.
- Maintains and manages relationship with relevant lubricant regulatory agencies – SON, DPR, etc.
- Review and sign off on all deviations, engineering change notices as applicable per the approval / notification requirement.
- Monitor stock of slow-moving lubricant grades and develop policies / formulations for conversion to fast-moving grades.
- Conduct routine training on lubrication and lubricants for members of staff.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance and failure analysis.
- Monitor technological trends in lubricants and additives, and advise management for adoption, formulation and costing of lubricants.
- Keep tabs with additive manufacturers on all relevant advisory services.
- Offer backend support to all the sales team.
- Engages with the client in the resolution of all technical disputes and provide onsite inspection of clients machinery, when required.
- Develop Technical Service strategies to help the organization achieve strategic goals and objectives
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- A proven degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering and a drive to succeed.
- Minimum 6 years of cognate experience in a similar role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good interpersonal and people skill
- Good use of Microsoft Office
- Good reporting skills
- Commercially & contractually astute
- Technical Knowledge of Lubricants
- Good attitude and approach to work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an international outlook and an ability to communicate effectively across boundaries.
- Finance team
- Sales and Marketing team
- Technical Team
- Other Entities within the Group
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidated should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 10th November, 2020.