Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- We are looking for a Plant Maintenance Technician in our Agreement Resources team in Calabar, Nigeria.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Your work tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To carry out routine and preventive maintenance of W50 DF engine as per the OEM recommendation
- To carry out Operation and Maintenance of W50 engine,
- To update Equipment maintenance data and Log book on daily basis, and update Maximo.
- Monitoring of equipment health and reporting to his supervisor.
- Spare part planning , follow up and optimize the cost.
- To perform Operation and Maintenance of Auxiliary equipment( Pump, LFO/HFO/Lub oil Separator, Oil and Fuel Filters , Air Filter , Small generator , Fire fighting equipment , RO Plant , Booster and Transfer unit ect)
- To do the 5s and House keeping activities in the plant and maintain the plant premises.
- Achieving result
- Making Change Happen
- Situational and cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus.
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and target setting
- Developing self and other
As an ideal candidate, you will have following qualifications:
- B.Sc. / Diploma in Mechanical / Marine / Power Engineering or Equivalent.
- Several years of relevant working experience on Wärtsilä engines or similar 4-stroke engines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 10th February, 2021