Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Piping Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
About the Job
- Ensure onshore readiness of all ECP campaign activities and interventions on Egina or AKPO
- FPSO working with the ECP Campaign Coordinator
- Achieves ECP construction activities for campaigns/major interventions offshore on schedule and according to HSE regulations.
- Manages a multi-disciplinary technical team from contractor, offshore efficiently and in a good working spirit.
- Provides onshore/offshore support to the ECP Campaign and Major shutdown coordinator
Job Contents / Problem Solving (Activities):
- Follow up readiness of all onshore items (materials, personnel, pre-fabs and premobilization, etc) for all ECP major interventions and campaigns.
- Organize and supervise day to day ECP campaign /major interventions works offshore to ensure successful delivery.
- Acts as the main point of contact of the ECP Contractor Site Representatives offshore.
- Evaluates construction issues on the worksite with Contractor and contribute to their resolution at worksite level whenever possible.
- Maintains offshore an updated register of all deviations and non-conformances and develop them into a punch list of items to be resolved regarding all SMRs/Projects where applicable.
- Monitors the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for slippage and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
- Ensures contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognizing interfaces with other ongoing company activities.
- Ensures that contractors maintain adequate records for all inspection and testing carried out.
- Participates in all pre-commissioning activities in conjunction with contractors’ staff and company operations staff.
- Maintains good relationships with FO/MTNC team, with DW-ECP teams and with Contractor(s),
- being flexible enough but also strict when necessary (safety or other aspects) to achieve the objectives of the Site Modification Requests or of the Warranty Claim issues.
- Perform site surveys to proffer solutions to site issues and provide inputs to preparation of Scope of works for fabrication and site construction activities
- Assists in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
- Reports any site issue to ECP site Superintendent and maintain regular and efficient information to him.
- Ensures that activities performed on-site fulfil all HSE requirements.
- Implements with Contractor Site Representative, Risk assessments for all activities and ensure identified mitigations are in place.
- Ensures close Liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place before the start of any campaign.
- Reviews construction contractors’ work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Any other work of a similar nature as may be requested by DW ECP Management
Context and Environment:
- Work location: Job is based in Lagos with very frequents activities on Akpo and Egina FPSOs hence this is a 4×4 rotational position.
- Major clients: DW Field Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Constraints: Failure to develop a sound scope of work or execution plan, or failure to identify and communicate project issues in a timely, efficient manner, can result in severe impact on production, safety, and associated costs.
- Compliance with DW ECP HSE KPI & Objective and assist DW ECP in compliance with overall TUCN HSE requirement
- Ensures HSE values are well understood and are not breached under any circumstance while carrying out offshore construction activities on the FPSO.
- Establishes accurate records keeping, project follow up and good progress reporting.
- Ensures effective and timely response to construction activity and ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Validates offshore construction works by ensuring that they are accurate and meet overall Statement of Requirement.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- HND, B.Sc. / B. Eng in Mechanical / Piping Engineering or equivalents with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas construction activities
- Piping Site supervision, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry preferably on an FPSO.
- Experience with Total FPSO will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 12:00 noon, 10th February, 2021