Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a Non-Governmental Organisation that is non-partisan and not-for-profit was established in 1987 as a Forum to exchange development ideas and was registered in 1997 as a Trustee Incorporated Organization (IT/Cert: 10826).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Evaluation Consultant
Project number: A-NGA-2019-0403
Locations: Bauchi, Kano, Kebbi
Employment Type: Part-time
Project Title: Socio-economic Empowerment for Communities in Northern Nigeria
- Over the years, DEC has implemented several social enhancement programmes that touch the basic fabric of its target beneficiaries which include functional literacy; vocational skills development; sexual &reproductive health, education; livelihoods, food security & resilience; water &sustainable environment; good governance & peace building; and microfinance. The major beneficiaries of DEC services are women and persons with disabilities who are considered among most vulnerable groups in the society. The project target vulnerable women and girls as primary beneficiaries and community structures including youth and men as secondary targets. It has focus on neglected communities of Bauchi (Tafawa-Balewa LGA), Kano (Rogo LGA) and Kebbi (Zuru LGA) States targeting 15 communities – 5 communities engaged from each State/LGA.
- DEC calls for Expression of Interest for the selection of consultant to evaluate projects implemented in respect of its strategic programming. DEC’s approach is to ensure that consultant most suited to achieve desired results and objectives of its evaluation are selected.
- The evaluation will be for a period of 18 working days commencing from February 1st, 2021. This includes field work.
Terms of Reference:
- Refer to the Terms of Reference document for details on the evaluation to be conducted as well as details of the Expression of Interest.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of relevance for the evaluation (i.e. Social Sciences, Evaluation, international affairs, Do-No-Harm approach, Gender issues); Masters preferred.
- Experience in contributing to gender-responsive evaluation or experience in gender analysis and experienced with women focused programs an asset.
- Excellent ability to communicate with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data and write clearly and concisely in English is required.
- Language proficiency in English and Hausa.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an audit, research, evaluation, reporting and/or monitoring area that required strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying qualitative and quantitative research or evaluation methods and producing data visualization an asset.
- Experience writing evaluation plans and logic models.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org Field work should be planned for a period of 10 working days.
The application should comprise of:
- A detailed technical proposal and a budget
- An updated copy of consultant CV including references and contact details
- Two samples of recently completed evaluation reports for similar projects.
Note: All of the above three items must be submitted within one PDF document or else applications will not be considered for review.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 6th January, 2021.