Topnotch Supermarket – A fast-growing company in the business of Retail is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Accountant
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Handling of budgets and budgeting processes
- Handle all regulatory & statutory compliance issues
- Interface with high level banking negotiations on behalf of the company and maintain cordial relationship with banks, suppliers, PFA’s and debtors
- Payroll Management
- Management of Corporate Assets Portfolio
- Credit packaging/ Management of Bank Accounts
- Cash flow Analysis and Management
- General coaching and mentoring of staff
- Develop policies and procedures to support operations
- Prepare financial statements and business plans
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure timely submission of reports
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits
- Monitor banking transactions; verify monthly bank reconciliation statements and prepare report on status
- Monitor stock movement
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Management of Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Management of treasury functions and bank liaison
- Firm understanding of various tax issues
- Responsible for overall Finance and Accounting activities of the company and preparation of financial reports
- And any other duties as may be assigned.
- Applicants must have a good University degree and professional qualification (ACA).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a Retail Industry.
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office Suites, Tally & Quick Books Accounting packages, ability to prepare financial model and can demonstrate strong treasury management skills.
- High integrity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to multitask and work across different businesses covering different sectors.
- Ability to deliver timely and quality financial reports.
- Give prompt feedback from clients and regulatory your authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: Favour.Umanah@topnotchsupermarket.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 25th January, 2021.