Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager – Nigerian Nationals Only
Job Ref: 200000MC
- The Stabilization and Reconciliation in the Lake Chad Region (STaR) project, funded by the BMZ/KfW, is a 32-month (Phase 1) project that seeks to support the recovery and strengthen the resilience of vulnerable populations affected by the protracted crisis in the Lake Chad Basin.
- Through a multi-sectoral approach, the STaR Project will make communities and individuals more secure and more cohesive, to equitably improve their livelihoods, to be more resilient in the face of ongoing shocks and stressors, to use non-violent and inclusive means to resolve differences, and to feel hope and optimism for the future.
The project includes four key outputs with implementation varying across the three STaR focus countries of Nigeria, Chad, and Niger:
- Output A: Productive and social infrastructure. Communities have access to rehabilitated/improved productive and social infrastructure (Nigeria, Niger).
- Output B: Economic revitalization. Communities can access more livelihood opportunities to generate incomes (Nigeria, Niger, Chad).
- Output C: Strengthening social cohesion through participatory community planning of basic infrastructure, disaster risk reduction, and conflict mitigation. Communities can increase social cohesion and disaster risk reduction strategies among their members (Nigeria, Niger, Chad).
- Output D: Local governance capacity building. Local government and community authorities can plan in a conflict-sensitive manner relief and rehabilitation efforts (Nigeria).
- You will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of all supply chain activities in Nigeria – including procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing – to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of goods to the poor and vulnerable.
- Your knowledge and experience will allow you to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges, and introduce improvement solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- The primary focus of the STaR Project is the delivery of numerous private sector-led and “Cash for Work” community-led infrastructure construction works such as schools, health centers, roadworks, and waterworks. You will collaborate with direct reports, and programming leads to strengthening the pipeline and supply chain management plan. You will manage the determination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications and delivery schedules, and how sourcing strategies are defined, ensuring proper coordination and communication.
- Absolute mastery of KfW’s Procurement Guidelines and the procurement-related elements of the STaR Project’s contract documentation with KfW (i.e., the Separate Agreement and Financing Agreement).
- Review and validate procurement and technical specifications for all private sector-led contracts and all Cash for Work community-led material and equipment to be procured with KfW resources, paying particular attention to national laws and regulations, guidelines, industry standards, competitiveness, transparency, and value for money.
- Manage logistical infrastructure, storage facilities, and transportation resources. Oversee the application of systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution, as well as for vehicle management to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets. Ensure implementation of all related safety and security protocols.
- Oversee inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record-keeping systems throughout the whole supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of delivery. Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze, and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening guidance, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local standards and requirements.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality programming.
- Lead the design and implementation of a strategic sourcing and procurement process. This process will identify, assess, select, and contract suppliers to deliver the maximum value for money to the organization. In close coordination with the procurement team, oversee relationships with key suppliers, and assess supplier performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in supply chain/logistics/procurement management with progressive responsibilities, preferably with relief supply chain management.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 15%.
- Knowledge of and experience with various public donors’ regulations. Understanding of KfW procurement guidelines is considered a very strong qualification. Familiarity with Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP).
- Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and standard customs regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, other relevant Master’s strongly, or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Professional certification(s) in the supply chain sector a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Directly supervised by the CoP STaR Project and with technical supervision from Head of Supply Chain Management; Procurement Manager/Borno.
External: KfW (at the discretion and approval of the CoP):
- ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’s processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview