Golden Seed Fats & Oil is an agri-processor focused on the conversion of oil seeds and pulses into their derivative products. Golden Seed Fats & Oil has a factory in Benin-City with a processing capacity for palm nuts of 155,000 metric tonnes per annum. We process Palm Kernels into industrial grade Palm Kernel oil, Palm Kernel cake and Palm kernel shells.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Transport finished goods and raw materials.
- Plan and manage distribution to manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Plan routes and meetdelivery schedules.
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while driving to supervisors.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations as per Federal, State and local authorities as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collect, analyze and verify delivery instructions.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Complete documentation for mileage and cargo; keep track of mileage, fuel, and toll expenses; confirm inventory matches shipping documents.
- Minimum of an SSCE
- 3-5 years’ experience as a truck driver
- No recent driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations such as traffic etc.
- Willing to submit to background checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Valid truck driving licence
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: Kemi.firstname.lastname@example.org using the job role as the subject of the mail.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 7th February, 2021