Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is a leading firm in the hospitality industry. We are dedicated to ensuring the comfort of our guests. Our luxury accommodation in the heart of Garki and Wuse zone 7 in Abuja offers unparalleled guest services. Bolton White Hotels & Apartments is superbly placed to cater for guest service requirements; ensuring guest stay is both pleasant & unforgettable, we combine the experience of our team which represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making our place a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering unequal hospitality service where details matter, apply today to join our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter/Barman/Waitress
Location: Garki, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Front Waiter / Front Waitress you will perform multi-functional duties related to food service, preparation, set-up and clean-up.
- This position leads the front of the house to create guest satisfaction. This position reports to the F&B Supervisors and F&B Manager or Chef Manager.
- Applicant must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2 or more years experience in hospitality industry, preferably in Hotel/restaurant Environment.
- Work with a support server attending to a group of tables in the dining room.
- Work with team members to oversee the taking of orders, delivery, and overall satisfaction of guests.
- Assist Cooks to prepare and serve high quality, hot, fresh food in a timely and courteous manner.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe kitchen and dining room environment.
- Ensure proper storage of equipment and handling of food to meet health department requirements, as well as high standards of cleanliness and sanitation, as described in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Follow all Policies and Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with disgruntled or confused guest.
- Prepare the dining room / restaurants for service: maintain all flatware, condiments and beverages in a constant state of readiness.
- Cleaning bistro area between meals.
- Actively support good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Maintain a safe work area through good housekeeping. Keep safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participate in health and safety training, and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participate in accident investigations.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct on your own initiative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors or manager.
- HND or its equivalent.
- Interest in working with people from all backgrounds.
- Ability to work assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Standards in commercial food operation
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as email Subject
Submit CV at:
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street, By Sahad Stores,
Area 11, Garki, Abuja
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 15th February, 2020