Hillview Nursery and Primary School – We are guided by our passion to educate the younger generations and to provide affordable educational opportunities for our students. On a daily basis, our pupils share the pleasure of learning and discovering the world beyond religious, tribe or language barriers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Secretary
Employment Type: Full time
- Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
- Transfers calls to proper individual and/or department as needed.
- Mails student report cards, school brochures, and other necessary forms.
- Accepts and processes tuition and school lunch payments from parents.
- Makes bank deposits.
- Manages and updates school calendar.
- Provides administrative support to principal or other upper level administrator as needed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes documents.
- Attends office meetings and takes minutes.
- Distributes paychecks to school staff.
- Sorts and distributes mail delivered to school office.
- Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
- Types up and contributes to school bulletin or newsletter.
- Assists in designing and drawing up promotional and informational materials for parents.
- Provides students with tardy slips.
- Maintains records of student absences.
- Contacts parents in the event of student illness or behavioral issues.
- Maintains student records and files.
- Uses computer database or filing system to update records as necessary.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 1 – 2 years work experience.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well with a variety of students, administrators, and parents.
- Exhibits ability to remain polite and calm when dealing with troublesome students or frustrated parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing programs.
- Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Is capable of managing time efficiently.
Job Title: Administrative / Office Assistant
Location: Independence Layout, Enugu
Employment Type: Full time
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluate students attributes and assist them in realizing their objectives.
- Develop and implement counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identify behavioral problems and act appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Cooperate with parents, academic staff and external partners.
- Arrange and schedule orientation programs and internships.
- Advertise facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Implement and facilitate educational and training workshops for academic staff.
- Pay attention to societal and cultural differences in all student matters.
- Assess the development of students and highlight the sense of accomplishment.
- Complete evaluations, analyze results and provide purposeful feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or related (essential).
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Two years of work experience as a counselor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Applying instructional activities that actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences and ensuring continual student growth and achievement.
- Planning, assessing and revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction.
- Cooperating with colleagues to augment the learning environment.
- Constantly updating him/herself on technology advances and incorporating technology in the classroom.
- Maintaining discipline in the class room
- Connecting students’ knowledge to earlier learning and developing ways to encourage it further challenging and inspiring students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Developing and promoting the appropriate skills and social abilities to allow the optimum progress of the children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Modifying activities and assignments to meet the learning needs of each individual student.
Requirements Education Required:
- An education Degree in any field – B.Sc / BA / B.Ed / HND
- Any other professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must be a registered member of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria
- Minimum of five years teaching experience in a school environment.
- Sound knowledge of the British and Nigerian curriculum.
- Proven expertise in ICT, good diction and a good command of the English language.
- Highly conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
- Ability to relate well with different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
- History of personal achievement.
- Excellent listening, communication, writing, organisational, research and IT skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 28th October, 2020