VACANCY: Medical Laboratory Technician at Atlantic Hall School
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Epe, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Medical Laboratory Technician will be responsible for performing routine medical or clinical laboratory examinations for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of disease
- Administers tests of blood, bodily fluids, and tissue in an attempt to assist physicians in treating and diagnosing ailments.
- Analyzing laboratory reports for accuracy
- Operating and calibrating of medical equipment
- Delivering test results to doctors on duty
- Collects and prepares samples from patients.
- Collects and compiles requests of reagents from the Lab; review them against the Unit’s stock.
- Conducts monthly check on needed and/or expired reagents & consumables inventory; submits report to the HOD, Clinic for appropriate action.
- Submits list of required reagents and other items to the HOD, Clinic at the end of each term.
- Conducts and/or supervises the cleaning of instruments and work-benches; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure including taking alternate weekend call duty.
- Performs basic assigned tests in a timely fashion according to set Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Prepares required reagents, media, solutions and stains following established formulas and techniques. Organize work by sorting specimens, matching work orders with specimen labels, checking and logging specimens correctly and accurately.
- Prepares monthly reports of tests carried out and the cost per patient.
- Responsible for ongoing enhancement of professional competency by participating in relevant CPD / CME Trainings.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities promptly in a professional, empathetic manner with an understanding of and respect for patients’ rights.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate from a recognized school of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience (post qualification) as a Medical Laboratory Technologist with ability to carry out various laboratory tests without supervision.
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Must be highly proficient in the use of Microscope to examine slides of blood, urine, stools, etc.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactivity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High sense of commitment, responsibility andaccountability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Candidate must understand quality control and quality assurance requirements and follow policies to validate test results.
- Must be registered with a practicing license.
- Familiarity and experience with use of microscopy, Haematology analyzers, centrifuges, electrophoresis machine, etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
* We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
* Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
* We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
* Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
* Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
* Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Application Deadline 11th October, 2020.